DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· //Negative Camber\\
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been talking to taylor from barely legal fabrication about making a run of dodge specific control arms & am trying to gauge interest & possibley get a group buy together. :cool:

this would be a set of upper AND lower arms. they include uni joints for more travel, are fully tig welded & may (am still discussing) heim joints on the ends to give some more adjustability. also, i know the other barely legal arms are powder coated to your choice.

main benefits:

- increased travel w/o balljoint bind
- narrowed track width to help w/ tire to fender clearence & allow you to ride lower w/o completely lifting to turn big wheels.
- depending on the design, they could help w/ any bumpsteer or toe in/out issues
- the shafts are a tapered fit, so no drilling out spindles.

as most of you know there are very few "options" out there for us.

*ekstensive - approx $600, only lowers, & have to ream spindles

*aaron iha - $2300, is complete front end kit, but may or may not work w/ raised upper mounts

*air ride tech - $900, front kit minus upper arms, no real benefit according to reports i have read

what would you guys be willing to pay for this stuff?

pics & more info to follow.

· crufootball
1,120 Posts
Barely Legal does great work. I know the s10 arms range from $999 to $1199 so thats probably about what the dodge arms will run if not a hair more. Well worth it.......Thanks for telling me about it ass. LOL

· Registered
334 Posts
I am totaly down with this, and we are talking working with raised uppers correct?

$999 to $1199 looks good to me for price.

· //Negative Camber\\
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thacru78 said:
Barely Legal does great work. I know the s10 arms range from $999 to $1199 so thats probably about what the dodge arms will run if not a hair more. Well worth it.......Thanks for telling me about it ass. LOL
i just started talking to em douche. i was hoping to catch you online this weekend. :D

se7en said:
I am totaly down with this, and we are talking working with raised uppers correct?

$999 to $1199 looks good to me for price.
yes, i told him how most guys have raised their uppers, but not all the same amount. i suggested heim joints off the end to help give more adjustment, basically how cru designed his. that basically will make or break it, i dont know if 1 arm will work w/ every setup. i've heard of people raising their arms from 2.5" all the way up to 6" & everything in between.

i hope to hear back from him monday.

· Registered
334 Posts
I would be willing to redo my raise to accommodate a nice arm like this so that really wouldnt deter me, I have actually been toying with the idea of some of those nice laser cut upper mounts my eyes have seen.

· Registered
334 Posts
fatheadjames said:
Good luck on getting people to spend money on good products like they are making. Their arms are well worth the money in my opinion. Will have some on my newest project.

sneaky sneaky, well I havent seen anybody in a while so maybe your not all that sneaky. I need to get out more I supose

· Registered
334 Posts
sec championship game is where I will be dec 1st it just dawned on me that was TD

· Banned
359 Posts
Hey guys, This is Taylor from barely legal fabrication.

Just wanted to let you guys know that we WILL infact be making these arms regardless or a group buy or anything. I auctually will be starting to build my 2002 Ram quad cab, hopefully to be started by christmas time.

The arms will not be available untill the begining of the new year, and they will have many good features that will help accomidate the people that use different size wheel tire combos, and different size raised upper arm amounts.

They will obviously also feature a 1" shperical bearing, and will be gauranteed to get a TON more travel than any balljoint arm. They will have heim joint ends that will be adjustable legnths, so you can dial in your camber. They will also be a direct bolt in replacment for your spindles. And also, all the regular good stuff like fully tig welded, thick .25 wall tubing, hidden shock mount......the works.

The price will be around the $1199.00 area, the labor and parts add up very fast, but i gaurentee the price will be well worth it.

During the prototyping of the arms, i will be asking alot of opinions of different options on this site also, i want these to be the most friendly Ram control arm and the most effective and best built.

thanks guys

Taylor

· Registered
334 Posts
Sweet, thanks Taylor I will definitely be watching for updates and will be wanting a set for when I can finally get around to redoing my front end and laying this thing out.

I need a house first LOL a DD wouldnt be a bad idea ether.

· Banned
359 Posts
if the 06 ram suspension is different from the 02 ram suspension, then the upper and lower control arms will not work on the 06 trucks.

We are building these arms off of an 2002 Dodge Ram Quad cab, so whatever year trucks match that suspension, these arms will work with.

thanks

Taylor

· //Negative Camber\\
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jeebus said:
Hey guys, This is Taylor from barely legal fabrication.

Just wanted to let you guys know that we WILL infact be making these arms regardless or a group buy or anything. I auctually will be starting to build my 2002 Ram quad cab, hopefully to be started by christmas time.

The arms will not be available untill the begining of the new year, and they will have many good features that will help accomidate the people that use different size wheel tire combos, and different size raised upper arm amounts.

They will obviously also feature a 1" shperical bearing, and will be gauranteed to get a TON more travel than any balljoint arm. They will have heim joint ends that will be adjustable legnths, so you can dial in your camber. They will also be a direct bolt in replacment for your spindles. And also, all the regular good stuff like fully tig welded, thick .25 wall tubing, hidden shock mount......the works.

The price will be around the $1199.00 area, the labor and parts add up very fast, but i gaurentee the price will be well worth it.

During the prototyping of the arms, i will be asking alot of opinions of different options on this site also, i want these to be the most friendly Ram control arm and the most effective and best built.

thanks guys

Taylor

that sounds great taylor! the main benefits i would be looking for are the increased travel & a narrower track. you'll see once you start shopping for rollers +25mm offset is about the best you can do, unless you order billet. 25mm is doable, but 1-1.5" per side would be much more helpful.

· Banned
359 Posts
ok, so start laying the modifications you would like.

Narrower track.... how much is generally good for most bagged trucks on 22 and 24s

Does everyone like using the ram spindle? or would you rather have the shafts tapered for soemthing else?

Does the lower need to have any rise to it...or is flat good?

let me knwo what would be most helpfull to you guys when laying these trucks out.

· //Negative Camber\\
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jeebus said:
ok, so start laying the modifications you would like.

1. Narrower track.... how much is generally good for most bagged trucks on 22 and 24s

2. Does everyone like using the ram spindle? or would you rather have the shafts tapered for soemthing else?

3. Does the lower need to have any rise to it...or is flat good?

let me knwo what would be most helpfull to you guys when laying these trucks out.
1. IMO 1" per side would help tremendously. anymore could cause more problems than its worth for most guys. when your testing, keep your eye on the toe in/out. i have a decent amount of toe change from laid out to full lift (obvously aligned for ride height) & i would like to better that.

2. i already have mcgaughys drop spindles (they have added camber into the spindle to help bagged trucks, just fyi) & have no problems w/ them.

i have also eyed up 03 sliverado spindles. they have the same bolt pattern where the hub bolts to the spindle. i dont know if they would help any, although you could covert over to silverado brakes & you know there are a lot more big brake applications for chevys than dodges, but that is another can of worms.

3. however factoy built works for me. i'm sure the tubular arm will be smaller thickness than the factory arm, & there are no clearence issues now that i know of.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.