DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While installing my Dynojet WBC, I wanted to tap into the wiring coming off the back of the head light switch. My manual said the purple/yellow was the correct wire for the gauge. But when I grounded the wire with my test light, all of the gauge lights went out until I removed the tester from the wire. I’m sure I have the correct wire but I’m unsure why all of the lights went out went I tried to test the line. What gives?

:help:

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Now I'm questioning if I have the right wire ....

I put a multi-meter to the wire and got a constant 3-volts. So which wire is it? I used the organe wire when I did the ash tray light install.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put the wideband gauge on the orange wire behind the head light switch. The back light on the WB will dim and brighten with the head light dimmer switch but WB light flickers. If I put the WB gauge wire on the purple/yellow and it stays half lit all the time independent of the dimmer light switch; lights on, lights off, the WB is lit. I just don’t get the flickering. I double checked to make sure the dip switches on the back of the WB gauge are correct and all of the connectors are tight.

Come on folks! What am I missing here?

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put the multi-meter to the orange wire and I can get a variation in the voltage from 4 to 12-volts. But the WB light does not come on unless the key is on and then I get the flicker. The purple/yellow wire has a constant voltage and the WB light is on anytime the key is on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.