DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
cbch9003
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 07 ram 1500 down to one of the local muffer shops to get flowmasters on my truck. They put my truck on the lift and midway through the install they came and got me. Turns out that my gas tank was only attached by one bracket and the other one was just there not attached. I took it down to the dealership and they said that the factory just never attached it. I love Dodge but this worrys me just a little bit. I was wondering what yall thought about it???

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
sounds like you got the early Monday morning or late Friday afternoon build, lol

·
cbch9003
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah probly so but I really wasnt too happy about it. It was bad too like it wasnt just up there it was hanging down I dont know how I didnt notice it

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
i'm sure that was just an accident waiting to happen... good thing you went in for the exhaust.

good ol' moddin' saves the day lol :rck:

·
cbch9003
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats exactly what I was thinking. That would have been a SOB if i was going down the road like 80 or 85 and have it drop out the bottom of my truck. I'd better be getting a few trucks on the house

·
MORE! MORE! MORE!
2,914 Posts
Wow, This is proff that its always good to look under the truck once and a while. I try to get under the truck aleast once a week. (Suspension Kit makes me look things over)

·
cbch9003
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah if I had the money I would do a lift but moneys not a thing I have too much of at the moment

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
It prob was a Friday install and Monday's Quality audit skipped inspection also, Wonder how many more can be like this?

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
cbch9003 said:
I took my 07 ram 1500 down to one of the local muffer shops to get flowmasters on my truck. They put my truck on the lift and midway through the install they came and got me. Turns out that my gas tank was only attached by one bracket and the other one was just there not attached. I took it down to the dealership and they said that the factory just never attached it. I love Dodge but this worrys me just a little bit. I was wondering what yall thought about it???
:YO: What was the build date (month and year) of your truck?

·
Registered
86 Posts
cbch9003 said:
Yeah if I had the money I would do a lift but moneys not a thing I have too much of at the moment
Doesn't cost anything to do routine checks of your truck. ;)

·
cbch9003
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was built in March 07

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.