DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking at a 99 Ram 2500 with a V10, automatic trans. Can anyone tell me what kind of mileage to expect. I'm don't care so much about when I'm pulling or loaded, but would like to know when empty. Thanks

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
10 city, 13 highway. I have heard of a few getting 15mpg. When I towed a 4,000lbs snowmobile trailer up mountains my mileage only dropped by 1mpg (stock w/33's). Best part is I could tow in OD, even up hills.

·
Banned
62 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Me, too. My v10 will pass everything on the road except a gas station. (Old joke!) Did fill up for $2.199 a gallon yesterday and felt like I was stealing.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
abossram said:
Me, too. My v10 will pass everything on the road except a gas station. (Old joke!) Did fill up for $2.199 a gallon yesterday and felt like I was stealing.
Too bad that's because they have everyone conditioned to think that this is cheap. I am only 21 and gas was a littler over $1 a gallon when i started driving. Go figure..lol

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well--when I started driving it was .19 a gal.!!! But you are right on-I'm grateful for $2.19--we may never see it again after the elections are over.

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
I wish it would come down to 2.19. I'm still paying 2.50.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i've gotten 12 city and 15 hwy, when I was stock. still paying 2.50 a gallon as well

·
Registered
59 Posts
Same for me, 10mpg city, 13 mpg highway. But on the highway I set the cruise at 65-67 mph. It seems like the fuel mileage is best when the rpm's stay under 2000. Over that, and watch out. I love mine. When I bought it I knew what the mileage situation would be. I didn't expect much, so I am pretty happy with 10/13 mpg.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.