DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems with thier gas gauge being off my gauge is weird ill go a hundred miles a be on a half of tank then a 175 to the red but when i fill up i only use like 12-13 gallons so i still have 3-4 gallons left but its on the red like im out of gas

· Registered
369 Posts
The 04 Stratus that I recently traded had problems with the fuel guage the whole time that I owned it, which was a long 13 months. The problem was the fuel sending unit inthe tank, a common problem. Need an instrument cluster?

Dave

· Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I've had that problem since new. Probably should have taken it back to the dealer before the warranty was up. But they usually screw up something else, that is why only I work on my vehicles. Still only 30,000 miles on it.

Also have the rear brake rattle, think also a common problem.

Also had loose transmission cooler lines and leaked significant fluid out. Just tightened to fix those.

All these common problems that several people have should be fixed for free, regardless of when they happen.

· Registered
7 Posts
I have an 03 stratus sxt coupe 2.4 sohc and I have the same issue. The tank is 16 gallons but only takes 12 to fill up if you get gas directly when the light comes on. I believe the vehicle is designed this way to make you paranoid about having an empty tank so you don't run out of gas. Now I know not to fill up completely though because then it will evaporate more quickly, plus if you do it in the morning or night when it's cooler you get more gas in your tank. I would also recommend filling up about halfway each time as well so there is less weight in your tank to increase mpg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.