DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Dodge Durango 5.7l Hemi Gas gauge not working properly and triggers the Check Engine light when at a 1/2 or quarter tank. Then when I put gas in it spills out and down the side of my truck. Could it be the Sending Unit?? I don't think the float in the gas tank is working properly.

·
Registered
2008 Ram Bighorn
180 Posts
You have two separate issues, the fuel pump float is on its way out and you some issue with the filler neck not venting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yep. Does the tank suck or blow when you release the gas cap at refuel..?im thinking that return line or canister is not breathing or....you damaged the tank and threw the float angle and punched the return line. Have you high centered it or had a dummy jack it up or put it on a lift?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep. Does the tank suck or blow when you release the gas cap at refuel..?im thinking that return line or canister is not breathing or....you damaged the tank and threw the float angle and punched the return line. Have you high centered it or had a dummy jack it up or put it on a lift?
There are tons of reports of gas burping out when filling, Chrysler says 'not our problem'. As for the gas gauge, mine does the same thing even after I changed the sending unit. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts