DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, for the second time in 6 months, my check engine light came on for nothing more than the gas cap. Has anyone else had this happen? The cap is good and tight at fill-up, just got that code again. I'll remove the code, make sure the cap is on tight, and the code will come back in a few months. Heck, throughout that time it's removed/replaced many times for fueling. Why is this happening? What's the answer, a new gas cap? If so, should I get one from Dodge or will one of the aftermarket brands be good enough? Just curious if anybody else has seen this too. Have a great Memorial Day everybody!

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
What might be happening is that the seal on your cap is bad. No need to go the dealer...I'd would pick up one at the parts store. Stant makes good aftermarket caps.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I would say it is the seal also, go for the after market one. Happy Memorial Day to you too.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a heap guys! That's what I did, got a new cap, cleared the computer, and lights out. Sure appreciate the advice. Great site we have here!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.