DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:IDEA: everytime i fill up my magnum rt, i get pissed because the gas cap just hangs there against the paint . so i rigged this up . i'll take some pics and post tomorrow.

items needed

(2 )1/4 screws abou 1" long and nuts
(1) coat hanger (metal)

tools needed
needle nose pliers,screwdriver,dikes

.cut the hanger long about 10"
.there are two "screw holes " in the fuel door the hanger will be going from one to the other with a loop at each end .
.use the needle nose pliers and make a loop at one end of the hanger
.bend the hanger into a slight c shape( to go around the cap when the door is closed) . to the other hole . make loop and cut .
.the hanger with two loops will mount on the inside of the fuel door .
.use the screws to hold the hanger in place.

.now you just push the cap in between the hanger and metal make sure one of the tabs grabs and no more cap against the paint !

· Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my 05 doesn't have that tab . damn, velcro why didn't i think of that !
thanks vegas

· Registered
281 Posts
Mike5959,

I have the same hook as you do. I have a 05. The first time I fiiled up I was glad to find that hook. That's attention to detail there. Hats of to the gal/guy who thought of that.

· Registered
367 Posts
Why not just pull out the plastic connector and put it into one of the holes on the door, it's the same size hole as the one the cap's cable is fastened to stock?

· Registered
150 Posts
mikesmagrt said:
:IDEA: everytime i fill up my magnum rt, i get pissed because the gas cap just hangs there against the paint . so i rigged this up . i'll take some pics and post tomorrow.

items needed

(2 )1/4 screws abou 1" long and nuts
(1) coat hanger (metal)

tools needed
needle nose pliers,screwdriver,dikes

.cut the hanger long about 10"
.there are two "screw holes " in the fuel door the hanger will be going from one to the other with a loop at each end .
.use the needle nose pliers and make a loop at one end of the hanger
.bend the hanger into a slight c shape( to go around the cap when the door is closed) . to the other hole . make loop and cut .
.the hanger with two loops will mount on the inside of the fuel door .
.use the screws to hold the hanger in place.

.now you just push the cap in between the hanger and metal make sure one of the tabs grabs and no more cap against the paint !

Pics please.

· Registered
401 Posts
05 w/o the hook....kinda ticked me off too....

· Registered
113 Posts
If you value your life, you'll take the Velcro off now!!!!!
There is a serious warning about static discharge when pulling Velcro.

Just get a 3M little plastic hook that adheres to the door.

· Registered
281 Posts
DANG!!! THAT'S RIGHT bobf, YOU VELCRO HAS A STATIC DISCHARGE. PEOPLE WITH VELCRO I HOPE YOU CHAECK THIS SITE AGAIN.

· Registered
10 Posts
flhthemi,
I tried moving the attachment point to the outboard hole in the door. It actually makes the problem worse because it hang sooo close to the body it continually bangs against the car.

· Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
static charge ... hmmm maybe i'll keep the coat hanger . i'll snap a pic tonight and post

· Registered
666 Posts
I popped my thether out of the hole it came in, stuck in in the one in the door and just drape it over the little rubber nipple.
Took less than a minute and cost nada.
Kinda dumb for em to ship it out this way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.