DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
mafosa
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off this is my first attempt to try this section.. ill try my best not to confuse you. (or myself) this feature is great for all people, cars, trucks and motorcycles to be able to hide, relocate and clean up your sunviser.. not to mention, not giving a thief a chance to get into your house and garage. this cost me $5.00 or so. or you can get a key chain remote at lows or homedepot and reprogram it. that will give you better hiding places for that remote. ill show you two remote controls. the first ones my gate (h.o.a.) and the others my garage. the gate remotes now hidden behind that little console cubby hole with that momentary switch barley showing. no L.E.D. lites. my garage remotes is located behind the upper console (temp and conpass etc.) area. that one also has that momentary switch with a L.E.D. light. these are all stand alone remotes.(so fresh batteries are recommended) motorcycles are set up a little different. later on those) i noticed with the upper console at night when you open up the door, the lights go on and completely blinds you of seeing any buttons or anything at all up there and during the day they look factory done and unknown to as what they are. exellent location.. the tools are a solderind iron and a little wire 20 ga. or so.

momentary switch

this is my gate remote. there all kinda the same.

a couple pic. of inside. you can see the red push button. that what you will be dealing with. (on the back side though)

some remotes will have differnt colored buttons

heres the new push button getting closer to being moked up

this is the back side of the remote board. you can see where the switch is pushed through and soldered up. thats where your going to be doing all your soldering.

now i made a small jumper wire ( or paper clips o.k.) to see which two terminals you will be using. start by making different contacts within those terminals. when your garage door jumps and you scare the day lights out of yourself. thats the comination your going to us. mark them with a sharping, couse youll forget.

now heres a short run with the new switch soldered up.

closer look (sorry for any double pic. hard to keep track)

now here im checking my work. the remotes L.E.D. light came on. allis good.

side shot

these next two pic. are if you want to add a L.E.D. light. dont worry you wont short circuit this very low board.

next two pic are the location of the new remote place, well hidden. you can place the switch anywhere you want.

the next three pic. are my garage remote all wired up. installed in my over head console

i hope i got everthing. the motorcycle will be the next post

·
mafosa
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
motorcycle remote.

o.k. for those that ride. no matter what type of bike you ride this will work. ill use my bike for example. take the remote battery out. you will be using the bikes power.back on my last post where i put a jump wire, that wire would be permently soldered there.( just make sure you check that your garage door activates when you touch those terminals) now i do recommend a key chain remote for better hiding spots. now that you found where you want the reomote, start disassembling it and solder that jump wire. now you need a 20ga blk. wire to run one side to the negative terminal on the remote( must be soldered) and the other end to your frame ground or bike neg battery. run everything hidden and clean. now the other 20ga blk. wire to the positive side to the remote terminal (solder it) and the other side of that wire to your high beam light (light terminal, inside the light case or splice in the wire leading to that high beam. yes you must figure out which wire is your high beams.. i choose blk. wire to keep things well hidden. now you sould have a jumper wire between the remotes push button on the rear side and one set of wires that go between the neg terminal on the remote to a ground on the bike and the other wire to the pos. from the remote to the high beam light ie. socket or leading high beam wire. now the good part. as you approuch your house or apt. toggle your high beams and your garage will go up or down, what ever you command it to do. no more fumbling for your remote or house keys.

·
mafosa
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i see 35 people have looked so far.. does any of that stuff make sense?? looking for some feedback. thanks inadvance
larry

·
mafosa
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wonder if anyones tried this yet?

·
15,912 Posts
That's a slick little How To. If I didn't change my computer to the one with the Homelink in it, I would probably do this mod!!

Nice Job!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'll add this to my to do list when putting in my system within the month.

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
I can't see the photos. (*from work that is.. must have used a hosting site that is blocked by my firewall.*) but when I get home I want to see this.. and possibly do this to my truck as well as the wifes Durango! SO will check it out tonight!

·
mafosa
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry i dont remember the LED part #. buta.. most the radio shack people will help you with that. tell them what your doing. post your results though. im enjoying mine. good luck.

larry

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
also anyway to wire it hardwired to the power source on the overhead.. with some type of adapter/resistor or whatever that will reduced the voltage from 12v to 1.5?
That way you'd never have to replace the battery.

·
mafosa
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im not sure on that one.. im affraid if you hard wire it. when the alarm trips or any electric short could trigger the opener in front of your house. to risky for me.

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
OK! I took apart my garage door opener controller. It is small as all heck.. but I found the two posts I need to connect the wires to. I really want to do the LED light. I am going to Radio Shack as soon as they open. I will ask the dude there, but I am afraid they won't know.. cause everytime I've been there its been some hot high school girl.. and she is as sharp as a box of livers. Maybe in the AM there will be someone there that will know. I will see if they have a LED that matches to the switch. IF I get the LED I will post the Radio Shack part number..

·
DirtRunner TreeDragger
895 Posts
Excellent!!!

I was trying to find a way to get a overhead console on ebay with the uconnect, but this is MUCH BETTER. Now to find another remote to cannibalize..........

·
15,912 Posts
Maxtcc said:
Excellent!!!

I was trying to find a way to get a overhead console on ebay with the uconnect, but this is MUCH BETTER. Now to find another remote to cannibalize..........
You mean Homelink right?

·
DirtRunner TreeDragger
895 Posts
Yes Homelink.

done that before, now I have a uconnect module and no need for it.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
I would move this to the How to Forums, but I can't view the pics.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
If this can be redone with pics that work, I would be happy to move it to where it needs to go.

·
'04 HEMI 4X4
249 Posts
We need the PICS!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
:postpics:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts