DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw on ebay about a month ago this guy was selling a peice of molding for the gap in the rear bumper and body. Has anyone else seen these and/or know any company that sells these. I am just wondering what they cost and who makes them. any help would be appreciated.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
You mean this area?

Attachments

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
No, I've never seen them myself but I have wondered why the gap was so big. I just figured it was that way because "it's a Dodge".

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well there is something out there that will fill the gap.......like I said it was on ebay..(of course....what can't you find on there). If anyone has a clue let me know......thanks

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
canfly8532us said:
snip.......like I said it was on ebay..(of course....what can't you find on there). If anyone has a clue let me know......thanks
If this site didn't have the camera in the left column of the thread so I know I posted something in there, I wouldn't be able to find this thread tomorrow.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Don't waste your time with the e-bay item, it's just a piece of weather stripping. If that's the route you want to take, they say paint the strip to match your "D" then stick it in the gap. It'll probably look good until the paint starts to peel, I'll just keep the gap.

·
unRegistered Dog
2,134 Posts
The gap is there because the frame flex's so much when articulating the rear bumper moves quit a bit. If I remember I'll try and get a good picture of it the next time I'm out.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
Ah hah, I figured there had to be a reason for the major gaps. I always wondered about that one.

·
'99 Durango SLT
283 Posts
Right, the bumpers are attached to the frame of the vehicle, not the body. Like a real truck should be! ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok.....thanks for the info. Well the only flex would be from Highway used......haven't paid the d off to go playing in the dirt yet. Maybe next year.

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
krweby said:
The gap is there because the frame flex's so much when articulating the rear bumper moves quit a bit. If I remember I'll try and get a good picture of it the next time I'm out.
:IDEA: that makes sense

·
unRegistered Dog
2,134 Posts

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
good pictures. Really demonstrates the point.

·
unRegistered Dog
2,134 Posts
I think I have more gap then I use to have. I think my rear bumper has moved down some. If you look in the picture on the drivers side you can see that the bumper is up against the body.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
Weby are you sure it's not beacuse the right side's about a foot higher and the left lower?

·
unRegistered Dog
2,134 Posts
It has pushed the bumper down some since it pushed up against the body. I don't think it will go down any further then it has but it is lower then it was before. I'll get a picture for you guys

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.