DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is funny in a way yet scary. Here goes. We have a 2002 quad cab ram almost identical looking to slammed1's. Rolls on factory 20's with 275/45/20's, has door handles painted to match, has a srt10 hood, roll pan, spray in bedliner, 7 inch tv mounted up high on windshield, tv's in the rear of the headrests, etc. etc. Now comes the scary part. A tech who i like to call a hack lowered this car last year and since then it has been sold and resold 4 times. All being traded in within months of buying it. Everyone has been unhappy with the ride and rightly so. So i get it today for the fifth time it has been resold and it is for a nysi. I notice the rear has a flip kit and the rear tires have belts hanging out of them, the front tires are completely destroyed on the very beginning of the sidewall due to contact with the fenderwells, the r/f tire has been hitting and rubbing the fenderwell so bad it ripped 3 fins off the pcm and broke the a/c hose. The drivers side was even worse, with a piece of metal underneath the pdc acting like a knife and completely stripping the inside of these tires. They said throw new tires on it so we can sell it. I recommended straight time to do the job right and they wanted nothing to do with it. It has no drop spindles, the upper control arms are 3 inches higher at the upper ball joint than it is at the inner bushings, the truck is a complete disaster and it makes me appreciate people who do this for a living. (I.E. Slammed 1 and others) I will see if i can get pics tomorrow. You won't believe it. It is horrendous.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
sounds like a death trap and law suit on wheels...I would document that it was said not to fix it correctly...that way if something happens, the dealer cant deny it...jus my 2 cents...

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I'd buy it if it was cheap enough. Of course I'd drive it straight to Brian and say "Please fix this buddy!!!" :D LOL

KB

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The upper control arm was stock. I am by no way versed in drops or lifts so i am just going by what you guys teach me. It had a different lower control arm, but the spindle was the same. The upper control arm was actually tilted up about 3 inches from where the ball joint mounts to the spindle in relation to where the centerline is for the through bolts to the frame. It wore out new tires in 5k. The inside is chewed by the bottoming out against the pcm, it broke off 3 fins and has destroyed ac lines. I am the one that gets stuck with it which is not a problem, but they do not want to address the suspension, just sell it to watch it come back again in months and get a couple grand back on the trade just to do it all over again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.