DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I had a few issues (in a previous thread) where the tranny wasnt shifting right and acting up. Well the other nite (sat night to be exact) I was driving out of Baltimore City when the Trans Temp light came on then the OD Off kicked in and I made it outta the city when I pulled over, let it cool off for a while. I think tried to start it again, and it felt like my automatic had a clutch and was GONE! It would bairely even inch forward or in reverse. So I got it towed and it needs a full rebuile ($1800-2400). Its under warrenty so its paid for, still pi$$es me off that I had the truck 2 weeks and the tranny goes.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sounds like whoever got rid of your truck knew the tranny was going. I'd be glad it went under warranty and now you have a new tranny. You also know you're good for a long time if you take care of it. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me, except i noticed that my converter wasn't locking up, and then driving into town one day, my overdrive turned off, and then my trans temp light came on a bit later, stopped and could smell the burned tranny. So I guess what happened (which is common on the dodges) is the lining on the converter disintegrates which plugs up your cooler then overheats your transmission, this ended up costing me about $1800. But I pulled the tranny myself and got a guy to rebuild it, and he installed the No Yo-Yo kit and replaced the planetaries ($1100) and I purchased a new cooler and a Torque Plus converter ($600), now my tranny is overbuilt and should work for the life of the truck (as long as I take care of it). But just got it back together last night, and it seems to work well so far. But if you can get them to not put the stock converter back in, and to put in an upgraded Torque Plus, it would be much better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.