DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both of these companies offer a 10" lift, which is what I'm looking for, for my truck. I've heard both good reviews and bad about both companies, and wanted to get this settled, as I'll most likely get one of the kits.
Any opinions?
Thanks

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,443 Posts
Raj would be the person to talk to about this. I think he has one of the two on his truck, but I think he is pretty knowledgeable on both of them.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
I would stay away from Whiplash, there kits are junk...You will have nothing but problems with it....And Whiplash is extremely hard to deal with also...

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
ive heard horrible things about their customer service...but then again when you offer something almost no one else does peopel dont have much of a choice to deal with it or not get their product. stick with a rough country 5-6 inch kit since you don thave to cut your crossmember and get a 3 inch body lift.

·
KTM Rider
163 Posts
I'd try to shy away from 10" lifts. Too many things to get right, and too many things that will go wrong.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
i ran into a little problems with my kit, whiplash got on the problem quick and is spending me the new style brackets, both companys are great, i have heard good things about the new style whiplash kits, they are way thicker then before, and the whiplash kit is like $200 cheaper the fts, both kits are pretty much the same, its all how you want your kit to look like.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
I originally had a 10" kit from Full Throttle (Both same companies) and after sending in 2 months late, the kit was complete junk, and could not be installed on my truck

then, after ignoring numerous calls for the 2 months they were supposed to ship my kit, they wouldn't speak to us to replace the 10" kit that was junk, so I opted for 6" superlift and 3" body, and am much happier

I don't know how RAJ managed to get in touch with them the first day his welds blew, much less get them to cooperate. I couldn't even get them to listen to me OR the shop installing me lift

so take it as you will, but if I were you I'd do a 6" susp 3" body and run a slightly smaller tire

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm.. I really don't want a body lift. But I want more than 6" suspension.
Any other options? Thanks.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
sell the 1500, buy a 2500 with a real axle, and the options are limitless

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I do that, I won't have any money left for the lift. I may just have to take my chances on one of these lifts.. I dunno yet

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
whiplash and fullthrottle are 2 differenet companys at first they started off together, and i really like whiplash after all they have done to help me with my problem.

·
Scapegoat047
375 Posts
I would definetly take chauncy's advice and go with a company like Superlift, or even better, Skyjacker. One thing to consider, and I don't know your situation, is what kinds of wheelin you do. If you want flex, go Skyjacker. If you want a cheaper install, go with the Rough Country. Check out one of the four-wheel mags, they just did a kit in an 8-hour day. Don't forget brake lines. If you want a tall lift, get a system with new springs, and not blocks or spacers, or whatever. I've been reading about this sh#t for years, and know the suspension companies that work in the real-world.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RAJ said:
its all how you want your kit to look like.
Hey Raj, I'm having trouble finding out whats included in each kit.
I was curious if ya knew what the difference in appearence is? Thanks

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
you get the upper a-arm drops, lower arm drops, diff drops, torsion bar drops, front n rear shocks, then you have a choice of add a leafs with a 5.5" block, the new whiplash kits are sick, im going to get the new torsion bar drops, i like the x cut into the kit, i would go with the whiplash kit just for the way it looks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.