DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone out there know if the fuel pickupand level sending unit (the originial not the retro with the pump built in) is the same in the 01 2500 and the 04 2500? i put a FASS system on my truck almost a year ago and i had the retro pump in the tank so i put in the draw straw. with the straw i cant safely go below 3/8 of a tank or i could suck air with a hard stop or takeoff. want to put the original unit back in the truck so i can pull fuel through it but parts store and dodge dont sell them. they only sell the retro setup. if there not enterchangable does anyone know an aftermarket company that sells the original setup? i am just going through the truck now trying to fix all the little qarks. waiting on new block heater, and going to get a dash guy to do an overlay that has lifetime warranty soon. thanks for the help.

01 2500 ctd quad cab 4x4
fass system and new injection pump
auto meter fuel pressure gauge
on the steering column
jasper trans

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
If Dodge wont sell it then junk yard would be my next guess. You have to watch some of those dodge dealers. The guy behind the parts counter told me yesterdsy that they dont make tow mirrors for my kinda truck. Im going bact tomorrow with proof.

I would ask them if they have a truck that comes in that needs that sending unit replaced what do they do if they supposidly dont make them anymore?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.