DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking into getting a aux. fuel pump. i've heard of FASS and GLACIER systems. what works best,are there others?
also, i seen ads for a turbo boost fooler, what are they? do they work?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Im also curious about the differences with the fuel pumps....

The boost fooler plugs into the MAP sensor and fools the CPU, it tells the CPU that there is less boost then there really is causing the CPU to up the boost on the turbo.....short version

·
Registered
411 Posts
codys2500 said:
The boost fooler plugs into the MAP sensor and fools the CPU, it tells the CPU that there is less boost then there really is causing the CPU to up the boost on the turbo.....short version
I'm interested in these Boost Foolers too. Are they rated at a particular amount to "fool". Such as, my max boost is about 31. Will they give me a set increase like 4 or 6 or 8 PSI?

They seem like an inexpensive upgrade.

Anyone else have experience with these?

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
The amount of extra boost you will see with a fooler is determined by how much extra fueling you are getting from a programmer or fueling box. With stock fueling you will get a couple extra psi which in turn should lower egts. I could get over 40psi with my stock turbo with my Diablosport Predator on the higher settings. It's not good to make that kind of psi for too long with the stock turbo as it is no longer efficient at that rate. Most fueling boxes do boost fooling so an external boost fooler is not necessary. On an 03 or early 04 truck you will also need an adjustable boost elbow which bolts on to your turbo. With that elbow you can control how much max boost your turbo will make...
I have a Quadzilla boost fooler on my truck.

I had a FASS on my 03 and it worked great. The Glacier Diesel system seems to be the one of choice due to the price being pretty low. Wicked Diesels also makes a great pump but it's costly just like the Mitusa pump. Those two are belt driven and are bolted to your engine.
I still run my stock LP as it puts out 10psi and never drops below 4-5 psi on a hard pull. It holds my 450hp just fine.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.