DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I've got an 88 D150 with fuel injection and I am trying to locate the fuel pump power supply on the driver's side fender 8 plug connector.

I thought I had it figured out with using the electrical diagrams, but I am starting to doubt my ability to read them things.

Anyways. I connected the dark green wire to 12v+ but I am not hearing it kick on.

Also there is a gray wire that shows to be a ground, but that didn't work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There s/b a grey wire coming from your coil and a dk green and black wire going to the fuel pump looking at the diagram I have there is on pin eight of the engine control module going to the fuel rail and also to the fuel pump the other end gets power from the grey on the coil which looks to be the same as the dk green and black wire to the fuel pump

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There s/b a grey wire coming from your coil and a dk green and black wire going to the fuel pump looking at the diagram I have there is on pin eight of the engine control module going to the fuel rail and also to the fuel pump the other end gets power from the grey on the coil which looks to be the same as the dk green and black wire to the fuel pump
So I should be able to power the dk green wire and power the pump without the coil, right? I currently have power going to the dk green wire but no fuel makes it to the fuel rail.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do have a shradervalve on the fuel rail? If so with power on the pump ( dark green ) see if you have pressure at the valve. The other problem may be ground on the other wire to the pump I think it has a wire near the licence plate at the rear of the car a connector s/ b a black wire or gray that's where it was on my 1992

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do have a shradervalve on the fuel rail? If so with power on the pump ( dark green ) see if you have pressure at the valve. The other problem may be ground on the other wire to the pump I think it has a wire near the licence plate at the rear of the car a connector s/ b a black wire or gray that's where it was on my 1992
Thank you for your replies.
I do. I have pushed it in to release any pressure afterwards and nothing. I will check the back connectors tomorrow morning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts