DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 diesel. It has about 140,00 miles. was diving today and when i took off from a stop sign it hesitated really bad and then acted like the engine drated, all i could do was 50 mph, with no power. after about a mile all of the sudden the engine power came back up and drove fine, until that is i stopped and shut off the motor and it all started over again. Checked the codes and cam up with a p0216, which has something to do with a pump timing failure. has anyone had this problem before or have any ideas what it is, any help would be appreciated thanks.

Kent

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can find a lot on the turbo diesel register site. Most people that experiance it say it is a matter of time before the VP-44 dies completely. Some last longer than others.

Randy

·
Registered
842 Posts
sounds like the vp is dieing on you. Check your fuel pressure from the lift pump to see if you have any. If you got less than 5psi I'd say you probly burnt it up.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checked pressures. Have 12 psi at idle and 5 at wot. Couldn't check under load at time. Ordered new lift pump. Will see how long injection pump lasts.

·
Registered
842 Posts
if you got 12psi you should be good to go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your High Pressure pump is going out. When you get that DTC code you might as well be saving your money up That pump can cost any where from 1000 to 2000 dollars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.