DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got an 04 Ram 1500 with a 4.7 and 8ft bed. Just wondering where is a good place to purchase a pump and how much would a shop charge to replace it? Just wondering from some members here to those who have had it done. I would attempt it myself but, I don't have a garage and I have a herniated L5 and scatia in my back so lifting the bed off is no go for me.

·
Ram 4.7L Yellow Jacket
595 Posts
you can get a replacement pump for $100, and you dont have to life the bed, just drive it till on E, completely empty and you can drop the tank. You dont even have to drop You can remove the driveshaft, (4 bolts)m then remove the 2 bolts that hold the tank straps. If you empty the tank enough, The tank will hang enough for you to pull the old pump/module.

The entire job should take about 30 min to an hour...no garage needed, can be done on jack stamds

The pump/module just have one plug and one fuel line. Super easy.

The pump doesn't come by itself it comes in a plastic module that will house the pump. it also includes the fuel pressure regulator.

check rockauto.com

If you do it at a shop they'll prolly steal your wallet and make it seem like a huge job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.