DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Older, but no wiser.
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the Pureflow Technologies Raptor 100 GPH pump. I love the idea that it has a built in regulator so I can set my fuel to 14 psi and forget it...or can I??? I had an issue last week where the truck acted like it had a frozen fuel line. It started but the fuel dropped to 0. I shut it off and changed the filter, still no presure. I put a heater under the truck and then it ran fine. I chaulked it up to the cold weather and added an extra dose of Power Service to the tank. Next day it did it again. I heated the lines with a heat gun and it ran again. Then I drove the truck for about 5 miles and when I shut her down, it happened again. Another new filter and Diesel 911... nope. I got some heat on the pump and it fired right up, hmmmm?
Long story short I called Pureflow... the o-ring under the pump cover is effected by the cold and allows air to get sucked in and the fuel cavitates and it wont pump. The tech checked to be sure I had registered my warranty and then agreed to send me the upgraded pump o-ring at no charge.
Lessons learned? SEND IN THAT CARD!!! and when you call the manufacturer, be NICE and ask for help. Thanks Pureflow, I'm glad I can count on you to back up your product.
Chris

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Glad things are working out for your Chris.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.