DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was on my way to work, stuck in traffic, Radio Jammin :rck: , and my truck died and never knew... Gave it gas and the Goat didnt move. Pushed it to side of the interstate trying not to get run over... Towed it to a safe place; (Thanks to 04BlkHemi). Damn what a day. After investigating.. Had Fire. Applied power to fuel pump relay and it seems to be closing the circuit. The truck is not getting any gas. I turn on the key switch and cannot here my fuel pump. (Should I be able to hear that?) Never paid attention of all the years I've had this truck! I poured a cap full of gas into the TB and it fired off. I have a 1/2 a tank of fuel. Here it is.. Drop the tank or Remove the Bed? How heavy is the Bed? I figure the Tank is somewhere around 140lbs. And why can i not find a fuel filter?? Is it just a screen in the tank? Any comments are appreciated. :help:

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Filter is in-tank. First check to see if your getting power to the pump. Have someone crank it over while you have the fuel pump probed or key on. If there is no power then check wires/fuse/relay. If you have around 12V check the ground wire then replace pump if the ground is good. I would drop the tank. Just place a jack and wood under the tank then slowly lower it. Make sure the wheels are blocked and E-Brake on when/if cranking the engine and checking for power.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds great. You thing jack stands would get it high enough if I propped them on the frame? I am doing the change tomorrow after work. I have a buddy from work coming to help me. I bought the pump at Oreilly today (245$ oh my) and it came with just one rubber gasket. Should I need anything else to perform this task? After I get it installed, is there anything else I need to do or just let er rip? Thanks

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Once you get everything installed you should cycle the key from on to off a few times to purge any air out of the system. Or you could just keep cranking the engine over and over, but that will wear the starter if there is air in the system.
Jack stands should do it but it all depends on the hight of your truck/tires. Lay some cardboard down under your truck so you don't kill your back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Installed the fuel pump today. 2 buddies from work, a 12 pack and completed in 1 hour and 10 minutes. Good advice abossram, propped up the bed with jackstands supported on the frame cross braces. Worked perfect. Now I am cruising the old goat again. Thanks for the support...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.