DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a fuel injector cleaner on their 3rd gen RAMS with the HEMI engine? I just want to make sure because it is a fuel additive. There is no octane boosters in it. Its the Prestone complete fuel system cleaner.

·
Scapegoat047
375 Posts
I've used the Valvolene Fuel System Cleaner. I don't really know what there would be to worry about. I only did it once, because I drive 20-30k a year.

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
i used it in a jeep i used to have, because the previous owner let it sit alot. i dont know why you would need to use it on a 3g ram?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just curious! Thanks for the feedback. Even the dealerships advertise a complete fuel system cleaning.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The stuff that you buy over the counter really is junk. It's waste of money. I use a product called Run Rite. You can not buy it over the counter but you can go to any reputable shop an they can do the service for you or they should sell it to you. It's a complete fuel system cleaning, it has 3 different additives. 1Step 1 is added to the gas tank that circulates with the gas, step 2 is added to the crank case with the oil, and step 3 is setup similar to an IV you would see at a hospital. It enters the intake via a vacume line. Most manu. recommend it every 15K-20K miles....

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I'm not religious about fuel system cleaning. But every now and then (if I don't use their gas often enough), I'll add a bottle of Chevron Techron. It's in their gas, and available over the counter. It's undergone reputable testing, and is endorsed and advised by a lot of "How To" experts.

Okay, so what if it isn't "all that?" I don't buy from cheap gas outlets, don't buy if the truck has just delivered, so I'm careful about what goes in. If you do that, I can guarantee you won't have near the build up and coking problems that many people seem to have. And you're only out the couple of bucks for a bottle of Techron.

As far as cleaning the fuel injection system? Clean fuel (okay, add the system cleaner every now and then), driving at operating temp and cutting down on the short jaunts to the corner store, and manually cleaning out the TB and IACM, work just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.