DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I just dropped my 2004 Hemi Limited off at the dealer for it's routine oil change and to check out the hesitation problem when you step on the gas. I got a call from the dealer and was told that the fuel injectors needed to be cleaned to clear up the hesitation, no diagnostic codes showed up when they checked. Does this sound resonable for an engine with only 22,300 miles on it? I mostly use Mobil 87 or 89 octane gas. I used to add a bottle of Gumout fuel injector cleaner in my old 99 D and never had a problem, but haven't on the 04. Now I'm thinking I should start using it again. Any thoughts on using a fuel injector cleaner, brand? Thanks GreyGhost

·
Registered
681 Posts
Only if they do it under warranty.

Does NOT sound resonable to me. I doubt it is your problem. An EGR valve would be more reasonable. Could be many things...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have always used Marvel Mystery Oil every 2nd or 3rd tankful, I definitely see a difference in mileage using this product. My father has been using it forever, always swore by it. I emailed Turtle Wax Corporation, owner of Marvel, I received a response from a Product Engineer, he states the consistent use I follow is perfect for keeping fuel injection system clean without any troubles. Another bit of info, I use Mobil 1 Synthetic since first oil change, he states benefits would be neglible adding it to the engine since synthetic is near perfect engineering wise, but would provide benefits on traditional oil. Give it s shot, I would bet after a few tankfuls you would see an increase in mileage!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.