DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and found lots of posts on the 1st Gen forums, but not much on the 2nd Gen. My fuel gauge has been dropping to empty lately at random times. It drops to empty and the light and chime come on. After anywhere from 2 to 10 seconds it goes back up and the light goes off. It will do it three or for times in a row one day and then no problems for a week or so. My first instinct to pump the brake a bit (to "slosh" the fuel in the tank) doesn't seem to have any effect.

I really don't want to drop the tank (or lift the bed as some have suggested). Is there anything I can check to rule out an external problem before going into the tank to replace the pump assembly and sending unit?
PCV valve and breather element
Water Pump
Thermostat
O2 Sensors
Brake Rotors
Catalytic Converter (under recall)
Fuel and brake line reroute (under recall)

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had that exact problem. It was the pump/sending unit in the tank. Now if I could get the ABS and brake lights to go out!

Good luck!

·
Registered
211 Posts
its the fuel sending unit... they cost about $60-70 at the dealership (i wouldnt advise buying a used one)

the only thing that sucks about them is you have to remove the bed, or drop the tank to replace it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem in my 02 Stratus. It turned out to be the circuit board in the dashboard. A mere $450.00 for the part. Does any one know what else goes through this circuit board? :VHOT:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.