DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. I was wondering if anyone else out there is having the same issues with their fuel gauge. When I park on a slant with the front end higher than the back, my gauge reads a lot lower than it really is. When the rear is higher than the gauge reads a lot higher and it doesn't go back to normal until the truck is turned off and on level ground for a while. Is there anything that can cure this annoying "feature"?

·
Registered
231 Posts
LOL. That is actually perfectly normal. When you park with the front end lower then rear, the gas does the same, giving an off reading on the fuel gauge. The gas tank level is measured by a float, it doesnt react immediately to the fuel level. So, no worries, its normal, and the only way to fix that is to have your fuel level always full, or park on flat ground!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, than that's an easy fix I guess. At least I can make myself think I have more gas than I actually do by parking in my driveway backwards. lol

·
Too Big to Sneak
448 Posts
Have you ever noticed when you're getting a little lower on the gauge (1/4-ish), that when you quickly slow down or accelerate quickly that the gauge fluxuates almost 1/8 in either direction? (shows almost a half tank when on the brakes, and down to around 1/8th tank when on the gas)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.