Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
flippin IT *****
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I was running thru some maintenance checks on my truck ('99 5.2L - 123K miles) this weekend and was wondering about the change interval for the filter. I did have to replace the pump a little less than two years ago (at about 100K miles). I've read in several places that you should change the filter once a year, change it at 30K miles, 100K miles, and I have read 'only change it if you are having problems'.

I'm not having in problems, but I want to keep a better schedule on the maintenance so hopefully I can keep driving it for another 7 to 8 years.

What do you all use as a reference for fuel filter replacements?

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Hey Guys,

Yall please chime in as this is beyond my scope being a 3 Gen guy. Jason is a VERY good friend of mine so any assistance you guys can offer i would appreciate it greatly (lol as would he)...

Oh and Jason, Welcome to DodgeTalk bro. any and everything you wanted to know about your truck, you will find it here.

Later,

Dane

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
so In essence, If it aint broke, Dont Fix it?

So the Entire fuel pump needs replaced over a FUEL FILTER??!?! WOW!!!!!!!

is there no recomendation from Mother-Mopar on replacing the filter? That is just NUTS!!!

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts
That's the only solution. It's a bad design.

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
there are 2 filters in the system, large and small particulate, the large one is on the bottom of the pump and could feasably be popped off and cleaned but its not going to help shit, the small one is in the metallic thing on top of the pump, it also is the regulator, you could always get tricky and get an aluminum plate machined and drop it on top and use that screw to hold it down and then rock an external system but that is $$$.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Thanks for the help guys!

·
flippin IT *****
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks All...

I think I'll go with changing it only when I have fuel problems. I does seem like a bad design.

thanks for your input,

jason

·
Registered
150 Posts
Big Joe SS/T said:
small one is in the metallic thing on top of the pump, it also is the regulator, you could always get tricky and get an aluminum plate machined and drop it on top and use that screw to hold it down and then rock an external system but that is $$$.
When I dropped my fuel tank, I ended up cracking the fuel filter/regualtor on top of the pump, and I was able to get a replacement at a local dodge dealer. If you don't have to change it, then don't. Just a pain in the a$$.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.