Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I just changed the engine air filter and find it seems to be a bit to high. Are we supposed to tighten the bolt real tight ?? The filter doesn't seem to fit evenly as one side of the cover doesn't seal correctly. Is this normal or problematic ?

Also, I'm trying to find the fuel filter but it's nowhere to be found along the fuel lines... It got two tanks, one is condemned. Is the filter in the tank ?? If so, is there a way or advantage to putting one outside the tank by splitting the line and clipping a filter ?

Thanks a lot !
Bobcamper

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Would not overtighten bolt (can mess up/warp carb); measure or compare to old filter (would not be the first time air filter is "the wrong size" in the right package c/w right part #). ... Is air filter housing bent?

·
Registered
675 Posts
If the engine is carbureted, the fuel filter could be in the carburetor where the fuel line goes in (Holley and some Rochesters are this way). For the air filter, make sure it is sitting properly in the housing. If it is sitting on a hump then it will allow unfiltered air to pass through. Like key99 said, compare the new to the old and see if they are the same.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Wooley ! I found the filter before the caburator indeed. I'll be able to change that soon. As for the air filter, it was fitting a bit tight, I managed to make it fit and the top of the canister is closing ok. it still leaks some air though. Will this be a problem ?

(I posted that in a new thread but if any of you knows where I can find the EGR and O2 sensor... )

Thanks !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.