DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
73,362 Posts
johnson712 said:
Hemi 5.7L: Need to change my fuel fillter. Where is it and is it hard to change?
It's located in the fuel tank! Not something you want to change. Why do you think you need to change it?

· quadhemi4x4
621 Posts
Im actually pretty sure you cant change it. When I had to drop my gastank i was just gunna go ahead and change the filter while i had it off. So i went to my dealer to ask for one but they told me you cant just change it, you have to replace the whole fuel pump if you want to change the filter. Which i would have to agree with them cause i looked at it for a while and i dont think their is anyway to just change the filter.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not good do you think i need to take it to dodge? Or can a local shop do this? My truck is sputtering and hesitating do to me running it out of gas. I have put a flusher thru my tank but no help.

· quadhemi4x4
621 Posts
johnson712 said:
not good do you think i need to take it to dodge? Or can a local shop do this? My truck is sputtering and hesitating do to me running it out of gas. I have put a flusher thru my tank but no help.
A local shop could change out the fuel pump real easy, shouldnt be a problem. But a fuel pump, if im not mistakin, cost quite a bit of money, a few hundred or more i think. Your truck shouldnt be sputtering just cause you ran it out of gas though, thats really weird. As much as i hate to say it, i would have it checked out at the dealer.

· Registered
590 Posts
johnson712 said:
Hemi 5.7L: Need to change my fuel fillter. Where is it and is it hard to change?

IIRC, pump and filter come as a unit. both located in the tank. no need to replace it unless you have a problem with fuel pressure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.