DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticied today that my fuel cap has put a couple small scratches below the fuel door. Other then being very careful when I take the cap off or cutting the tie strap off, has anyone done anything else to keep the fuel cap from scratching the paint? Thanks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
when you open the fuel door there is a cap holder on the inside of the door .just put the cap in the cradle and give it a slight twist to seat it. i hope this solves it for you.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
stevew said:
when you open the fuel door there is a cap holder on the inside of the door .just put the cap in the cradle and give it a slight twist to seat it. i hope this solves it for you.

Yup, What he said.. Sometime I knock mine off the holder and I get all pissed off when it slams down onto the fender, Other than that, Simply Lay it gently down onto the side of the truck. Its plastic and unless it has sharp burs in it, It *shouldnt* scratch the paint. Any marks it makes should Wax right out.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Whats funny about this, is that I just realized that thing was a holder about 6 months ago. :D I had an '02 ram for almost 2 years before my current Ram and didn't know that then. All the vehicles I owned in the past had a fully removable cap that I would usually place atop the gas pump itself. One day I took off the cap and it just came to me to try that thing on the gas lid. I felt smart. :D

KB

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
I knew cus my Mom's grand prix is the same way, and the cap on it is fully removeable

and I learned, that little holder will hold a gas cap at 65 mph for 5 miles or so

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
There's a cap holder? Don't I feel stupid! Now I have to look for myself when I get home.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By god your right! Thanks for the info as I never new that was there. Works pretty cool. Thanks again!

·
Registered
205 Posts
todd glad i could help. just once i wish she would think i was right but we know that aint gonna happen!

·
Registered
29 Posts
It sucks to be me, that's all I gotta say. I live in New Jersey where it's illegal to pump your own gas, so we have all these middle-easterners (not to sound ignorant, but it's the truth) who do it for us. Most are pretty cautious with cars (I don't care what the law says, I take the nozzle from them when my GTO is at the pump because most of them can't even find the tank's fuel neck and we'd have serious problems if there was ever gas spilled on that), but the first one to spill gas on my Dodge is going to wish they were never born.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
RAM plus GOAT said:
It sucks to be me, that's all I gotta say. I live in New Jersey where it's illegal to pump your own gas, so we have all these middle-easterners (not to sound ignorant, but it's the truth) who do it for us. Most are pretty cautious with cars (I don't care what the law says, I take the nozzle from them when my GTO is at the pump because most of them can't even find the tank's fuel neck and we'd have serious problems if there was ever gas spilled on that), but the first one to spill gas on my Dodge is going to wish they were never born.
Sucks to be in NJ, i would hate that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Josh Brown said:
Sucks to be in NJ, i would hate that.
It's not half-bad. Up until a month or so ago, we had the cheapest gas prices in the nation. But we get much worse gas-mileage having the most congested roads in the nation as well. :VHOT:

·
Registered
205 Posts
here in eastren canada i'm paying $1.05.5 per liter. 3.78 liters per u.s. gallon, u.s. dollar is worth about $1.20 canadian=too dang much! ilove my truck... ilove my truck... i love my truck!

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
RAM plus GOAT said:
damn, never knew it was like that over there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.