DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Front sway bar moved to rear????

843 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  sherdep 
#1 ·
Is it possible to move the front sway bar to the rear of the truck? i want to pull off the front one and move it to the rear for better weight transfer. Is it possible? I really haven't even looked at it to know myself.

#2 ·
the mounts will not be the same and you dont want to drill a hole in the frame for the end links, besides I dont think the End Links will be long enough either so I would suggest to either contact slammed1 (Brian) or go to suspensonconnection.com and check out there Hellwig Rear Sway Bars..... well worth investment IMO

#3 ·
When I used to drag race a lot with my various sports cars, I would always just drop the end links on the front sway bar and hold it in place with some wire or similar(some it was just as easy to remove it). If you only need the additional weight transfer for specific things, you could try this route.

Todd

#4 ·
sherdep said:
the mounts will not be the same and you dont want to drill a hole in the frame for the end links, besides I dont think the End Links will be long enough either so I would suggest to either contact slammed1 (Brian) or go to suspensonconnection.com and check out there Hellwig Rear Sway Bars..... well worth investment IMO

i would love a sway bar to reduce my extra body roll since i lifted....but i also dont want to lose any articulation

i'm screwed :help:

#5 ·
john.colorado said:
i would love a sway bar to reduce my extra body roll since i lifted....but i also dont want to lose any articulation

i'm screwed :help:
sad part is you have to give up one to get the other unless you can make or get a sway bar end link that disconnects and somehow get the sway bar stationary out of the way till you are done offroading which is an idea, I have seen sway bar end links that disconnect but not sure how long they come and if they make them long enough for your lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.