DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for a 2000 Sport 4x4 1500 . I have been told by my mechanic that this is worn out and the cause of the rough ride over washboard / pothole surfaces . Does anyone know of a good place to shop for a new one ? Can I go to a heavier duty one ...say 1 ton ? Is this a difficult repair .....I have a 3 ton jack and the tools ....somewhat of a shadetree mechanic ! Thanks for any suggestions .

·
Registered
71 Posts
You can get one from any 4x4 shop in your area. you can also go from single or duel from companys such as Skyjacker, Superlift, Pro Comp and many others or just go with a stock replacement from your local auto parts store.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Oh yea, to replace it no need for ramps or jacks just 2 bolts and 30 minutes and your done. A very easy job to do..
Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you ....could you tell me if going to a beefier shock will make it any better than staying with the stock one ?

·
D'OH!!
190 Posts
Rocky Mountain Suspensions

They have a good selection to choose from. From replacement cylinders to full kits including brackets. There is no difference between one from a half-ton or a 1 ton replacement cylinder. There might be different issues with the new brackets between the light and heavy duties. What size tires are you running? Up to 35's you'll be all right with a single. 35-up you might want to consider running a dual setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.