DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

front mounted reciever 1500 4x4

986 views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Hosack 
#1 ·
I was entertaining installing front tow hooks on my 04 1500 4X4 incase I ever get stuck on the beach. Now that I think about it I think a front reciever would serve more uses. I could put a hitch ball to anchor a tow rope to and also buy a platform in the future to carry a cooler,fishing rods etc as well. Does anybody have any experience with front mounts?

#2 ·
Yup, used to rock one on my 1500. If you're not concerned about killing your approach angle, then there is no reason not to get one! All that I have seen connect to the frame and hang below the front air dam. Kind low but it's not too bad.

#3 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Automotive exterior

you could go with the bumper that has one built in like I did... just saying its an option :)

#12 ·
View attachment 311172

you could go with the bumper that has one built in like I did... just saying its an option :)
Good option. :D

My dad has a Warn winch mount on the front of his 04 Ram and he welded a reciever to the bottom of it. If I had a pic then I'd post it.

I actually just installed the factory tow hook bar on my 07 Sport that I've had laying around for the last 6-months. :D

#5 ·
#6 ·
JFM

Do you hang out over on LS1.com. I have seen the avatar before somewhere.

Do you know if this will fit the sport models. Warn says it will not but I'm pretty sure it will cause the frames are the same.

#7 ·
Yeah LS1tech.com funny you bring it up I just deleted it all from my signature. I sold the car after 11 years and some guys around here get their panties in a bunch with a non dodge car/truck appears in someones signature anyway.

#8 ·
I had a 98 T/A before I traded it in on my first ram. I miss my T/A and want to get back into one again.

#9 ·
Ahh yes '98 the debut year of the LS1 motor in the F Bodies. Great cars I laugh when guys complain about doing plugs in these trucks they should see the engine compartment in those F Bodies lol.

#10 ·
LOL now that is a chore. 4th gen F bodies were great cars. After a sold mine my buddy bought a 06 GTO and it didnt have shit on my T/A. Next year I wanna try to find a 30th in mint condition.

#11 ·
#13 ·
Very nice indeed! The only thing that would worry me in my case is if I used the platform carrier for a cooler,etc with it being mounted that high and blocking arflow to the radiator. Tho' I guess my E fan would kick on and pull air thru it. How is that as far as tongue loading?

#14 ·
I actually had one made to go in where the factory tow hooks where. I use it for my winch, surf fishing rack and or anything else that I want to mount on the front.

#15 ·
I seen one on a dodge 1500 a couple years ago..He was loading his water craft in the lake with it. He said his bolted on and could be removed. I said "cool" ; but I did'nt really look at how he had done it.Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.