DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all i have a 2002 1500 4x4 and i'm looking to here in about a week to replce the front brakes .. rotor and pads i have over 100, + miles on the truck and was wondering if the bearing in the hub where sealed or could be taken out cleaned and repacked.. just want it to last any help would be appreciated thanks

·
15,912 Posts
You know...I have changed the pads and never looked to see....I don't believe they are sealed, but do not quote me on it. Sorry man...when you find out, let me know

·
Registered
660 Posts
Sealed bearing guys. Replacement only.
Dan

·
Great View
1,048 Posts
They will last a long time as long as your not driving through deep standing water. On my old truck, I have 227,000 on it and still the original wheel bearings. What I did was every oil change, jack it up and spin the wheels and wiggle the front end good, if it turn smooth and there is no slop its good.

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
I thought I read on this forum somewhere, that bearings were available for the 1500 with a grease fitting, to allow re-packing etc???
Can't remember where the post was though?
Duh.
Al.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
LPGHemi said:
I thought I read on this forum somewhere, that bearings were available for the 1500 with a grease fitting, to allow re-packing etc???
Can't remember where the post was though?
Duh.
Al.
I've never heard of such an animal.. I'm not saying your wrong, but I've never seen a wheel bearing you could do that to.:dunno:

·
15,912 Posts
Al...he might be talking about those bearing buddies that you can grease the bearings on trailers and the cover seals out water and dust. Not sure though

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
JeffB2002 said:
Al...he might be talking about those bearing buddies that you can grease the bearings on trailers and the cover seals out water and dust. Not sure though
I had those on my boat trailer, but I don't think they are available for trucks.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a buddy told me they are pressed in to the hub and the only way is to dissasemble the whole axle hub assembly so there is nothing wrong with them now so im gonna leave them as is... for now its just this truck takes a lot of abuse with using it on the fire dept, pretty much start go stop and go, i know the brakes the realy get used esspescialy out here in the back country hills of tn. oh well thanks guys if you know of any other ways besides the dissasemble let me know thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.