DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get rid of my "honeycomb" grille and go to the crome slots that Dodge is putting on some of the packages (Rumble Bee, Daytona, etc).
Are the Billet grilles the same? Better price? More expensive? I've seen some advertised that just clip right on the current grille. That is not what Dodge is doing, is it?

Am I just better off buying one from the dealer? Any suggestions are appreciated, and pictures of your grilles would be very helpful. I've done some thread searching, but can't find the right info.

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
The dealer ones are a direct replacement and not a bolt-over.......they run around 99.00 at the local dealer parts counters!!! They are chromed plastic and not Billet aluminum like most aftermarket ones!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks sweet. I'm assuming you are saying that yours is a factory version, correct? And the lower air dam insert is factory also?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Mine is factory, as slammed1 said around the $90-$100 mark at most dealerships. Places like dodgeparts.net etc usually sell them for $79 or even Ebay. You can get aftermarket ones from grilles4you on ebay and get the upper and lower for about $100-$120 and they look nice. I have the factory style inserts pictured below.

KB

Attachments

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KB - that is exactly what I'm looking for. I've noticed that some of the inserts have many more "rails" or whatever you would call them. I thought around 5 or 6 per opening would be perfect.
They are plastic? Anyone know of a company that makes aluminum with that same look? I'm sure the plastic would be fine, but just curious. Definitely can't beat the price.
Lastly...what are they called by the dealership? I called my local parts department, and he asked "do you have a part number?" Grille Inserts? Anyone know the official name?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I'd just call it the factory billet sport grill, a dealership SHOULD know what you're talking about.... if not you might want to find another dealer.lol

·
Registered
197 Posts
Carriage Works is who made the ones for my truck and i have the ones that bold over the stock honeycomb grill and they look great and it took 15 min to install them

Peter

·
Registered
358 Posts
I just bought one from my dealership and will be putting it on wed. here is the info from my ticket: part number/description
82207849 grille kt 1052002.
mine is an 05 model but it is probably the same for 03'S & 04'S
hope this helps

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
HemiKen, How much did the dealer charge you for the grille? I ended up ordering one today from Dodgeparts.com and the price was $82.95 + $7.50 shipping.

My dealer tried to tell me that there was a left and a right piece, and the prices were $135 & $138 respectively (he had no idea why the prices would be different).

I hope I got the right item, but they knew exactly what I was talking about when I called them. I'll find out in a couple days :D

·
Registered
358 Posts
hemifreak,

i responded to your pm with the info you requested

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
One advantage to the Carriage works is that you can get a matching bumper insert

Funny thing At first I didn't like the Factory one and put a Carriage works on my wife's 2002

Then after a while the Factory grew on me so I put one on my 2005

Now I facilate back and forth as to which I like better

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
uncbob said:
Now I facilate back and forth

What exactly are you describing here?

And as for grills. Go BLACK and never go back!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
BLACKWOLF said:
What exactly are you describing here?

And as for grills. Go BLACK and never go back!
I am sayng sometimes I like the Carriage works on my wifes 2002 and sometimes I like the OEM on my 2005

Guess it depends on the lighting or my mood WHO KNOWS ?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Hemi Freak said:
My dealer tried to tell me that there was a left and a right piece, and the prices were $135 & $138 respectively (he had no idea why the prices would be different).
It is two pieces, but those prices are ridiculous!! Got mine on ebay for about $85 shipped:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.