DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I don't give a...........
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I back out our (steep) driveway, my friend end has started to kind of make a creeking sound. I haven't noticed it do it any other time and figured I'd see if anyone had any ideas what would be causing this. Maybe shocks? The truck has 56,000 miles so I'm hoping it's not the ball joints or anything serious like that.

·
Registered
850 Posts
There are a few things that can squeak under there. I've got about the same mileage but no squeaks yet. I did have a Dakota that did as you decribed. It turned out to be the sway bar bushings that hold the sway bar to the frame. It was pretty consistant. Every time I would pull into or out of the driveway it would squeak/creak.

·
Registered
908 Posts
check your hood bumpstops before you go into the suspension, i will bet it is them. give them a twist in the up direction and drive it again i bet the squeak goes away

·
Registered
560 Posts
Low1 said:
check your hood bumpstops before you go into the suspension, i will bet it is them. give them a twist in the up direction and drive it again i bet the squeak goes away

I had the same problem. It took me over a year to figure it out thanks to this forum. Turn those bumpstops up and it might just do the trick. Good luck.

·
I don't give a...........
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll have to check that out too. Thanks.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...isn't it funny how the dealers don't know our "secrets"...haha...or...they'll fix this and blame it on a suspension peice that they had to replace and charge you for it...lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.