DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning! I have a 2012 Charger SE. A few days ago I replaced the lower front forward strut supports because they were really loose and the bushings in them were really loose. (I think that is what they are called). I could actually see them moving when I pushed and pulled on the rotor assy. After replacing them I now hear a rattle or clanking sound in the front end. I rechecked my work and all seems to good and tight. The sway bar bushings look ok but not sure. The car has just a little over 50,000 miles on it. So could it be the sway bar attachments or ball joints or front struts? Just pushing down on the front of the car it does not bounce like a bad strut but not sure. Also just pushing down I do not hear the clanking or any noise at all. I also replaced the rear shocks because it would bounce in long curves. When I took out the old shocks I could see that they had been leaking oil. The car feels a lot better and handles much better but it still seems to drift a little on the road like it is trying to follow the wear patterns in the road and when I get hit with a cross wind it tends to push the car over a little. Before doing all this work I put on a new set of Michelin tires and that did not help anything. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Do a dry park test, with the help of a friend raise the front end and have the friend move the steering wheel as you look under the suspension components for looseness, and also check the ball joints for any movement, sway bar bushings can give you that noise, check also the tie rod ends both outer and inner, see if that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.