DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I've been a long time lurker, learing a lot from ya, so first of all, Thanks.

I have a 2000 Offroad QC 4X4 with the 360.

Here in the Kansas City area, we just got our first snow/ice of the year, so I had it in 4 wheel drive. I noticed when driving slowly (like in parking lots), and turning a corner, the front end seems to grab.

Is this normal? I think it was mainly occuring in areas that had no snow/ice on the pavement. All other driving seems to be normal.

Thanks
Derrick

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
yes, that would be normal on the pavement as one wheel has to spin faster then the other when turning, which causes like a jerk/grab. It happens because the tires are getting too much grip and trying to turn at different speeds

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree, that is normal unless you have a vehicle that is all wheel drive all the time. And they do it somewhat. Try to keep your driving on pavement while in 4x4 limited. It is very hard on the cv joints and your transfer case.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I agree with Lonas 4 wheeling on pavement is not good for these trucks at all I would stay a way from the pavement in 4x4 if you think you need it just put it in high on the pavement that should be more than enough to get around and when making turns turn slow and wide you can always do a 3 point turn lol hope that helps

·
Registered
192 Posts
using 4x4 on the dry or wet pavement is extremely hard on the front u-joints...lucky for me i left town on sunday for tulsa but only made it half way and had to turn back due to road conditions so i tried again on monday before all the bad weather hit kansas city and now im down here in okmulgee,ok for school....i am kinda glad i missed all that weather but i hear it is pretty bad up there on tuesday morning and monday night

-Jesse-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.