DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
rowdymopar
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done afront Drum to Disc conversion upgrade on your Vintage A, B, or C body Mopars any suggestions, any one's ( company's ) to stay clear of ??? Are there any Made in USA kits out there ,
looking for the best bang for the Buck ????? Any suggestions ,Commets THANKS !!!

Attachments

·
Love my 66 monaco 500
1,239 Posts
I have done the front drum to disk conversion on both a B and C body.
I used factory parts and it was a great upgrade.
Be sure to install new rubber hoses and don't forget to do the disk proportioning valve.
I kept the factory rear drums. The '67 Satellite's brakes felt "weird" until I swapped out the prop valve. The '66 C body with drums uses the same ball joint as the '72 disk C body that I used as a donor but the '66 Disk lower ball joint is different.
Both conversions were very easy and worth while.
My $.02

·
Resist We Much!
6,368 Posts
I used Master Power to convert the Charger. Everything you need in one package. And its all new parts. :tup:
One of these days when I get around to swapping the rear drums to discs I'll probably use the Master Power kit.

·
rowdymopar
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'v got manual drums all around not my first priority but just a bit safer & ensure you can stop the beat in traffic driveing . A guy on ebay sells a bracket that allows you to use 73' fury discs & 94 -99 Ram calipers once I did all the priceing for what I need your still talking over $400.00 so I wondering is i'm just better off buying one of those $400-$500 kits that include everything & being done whith it . Hey anyone use or know people who use the Schumacher B/ RB tri / Y Headers ???

·
AirFuelEddie
5,442 Posts
I'v got manual drums all around not my first priority but just a bit safer & ensure you can stop the beat in traffic driveing . A guy on ebay sells a bracket that allows you to use 73' fury discs & 94 -99 Ram calipers once I did all the priceing for what I need your still talking over $400.00 so I wondering is i'm just better off buying one of those $400-$500 kits that include everything & being done whith it . Hey anyone use or know people who use the Schumacher B/ RB tri / Y Headers ???
The headers I do. They didnt offer the performance he expected and switched to TTI's. If you are using a stock to mild resto type motor than sure yeah it's fine. if you plan on ANY H.P. upgrades like a cam, intake, carb, heads, power adders than get a set of TTI's fit for your car and be done with it. 1 7/8 for 383-440 is hard to beat. They fit very well, and are very heavy duty. Another nice H.D. 4 into 1 header is Dougs. They are very similar to the TTI's in both quality and fit. The Schumachers are super heavy duty, but expensive. Well woth it if you are gonna keep it a cruiser or mild perf. application. They are both better than stock manifolds. however

·
rowdymopar
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the schumaccher are abot $550 shipped (uncoated) the last price I seen on TTI's was closer to $800.00 . the motor is just over stock nothing radical here ( Maybe on the next project ) Largest cam with stock converter ,Comp cam & valve train, stock heads , few tricks like windage tray , edelbrock dual plane intake, had some junk Hedman shorty headers pulled them off , but I'm pretty sure I'm going to go back to headers , but the colum shift & power steering limits my choices. I may have screwed up wene I had the exhaust put on one of the only things I paid to have someone do ( I dont have a Hydralic pipe bender ) I went with a 2 1/4 pipe now wishing i went with 2 1/2 or 3 ".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.