DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 5.5 inch fabtech suspension lift along with a 2.5 inch spacer on the front of my ram. The directions for the 5.5 inch lift says to grind down the H yoke and other and other parts of the front driveshaft, but I wonder since I have the extra 2.5 inches if the angle will be too much for the stock driveshaft even with grinding it down.

·
Registered
61 Posts
its a good possibility, if you are having to grind the yoke down already for the 5.5, 2 more inches or so will change your pinon angle another 37-42%. may have to replace the oem shaft anyways

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Check it out before you jump into it. I'm running a total of 8" of suspension lift (5" springs, 3" coil spacers). I've got zero issues with the front driveshaft. I think the issue is going to be your pinion angle coming off the front pumpkin, putting the drive shaft in a bind. Are the arms with that Fabtech kit adjustable at all? If so, adjust the arms in or out (depending on the agle) and adjust the pinion angle if need be. I didn't have to notch anything with my truck.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.