DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have an 05 Ram Daytona... Got in a little accident a week or two ago... The front bumper cover is extremely ugly now =(

I called dodge today to get the price for that bumper cover, the guy told me 700 something....

I found an srt-10 cover on EBAY for much cheaper than the 700 something dodge wants for that cover... Would it fit directly on there without some form of modification?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005...14630QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V#ebayphotohosting

Thanks guys

· Ultimate Design
2,252 Posts
It would just slide over the support beam but you will need the center top bracket #5030224-AB and the side wheel well extensions #5029921-AB AND 5029920-AB.

· Registered
143 Posts
Would the same apply to an SLT truck putting an SRT front bumper cover on? I found one local for $250 (already the right color) :D

· Ultimate Design
2,252 Posts
(Anything)..lol...that carries the CHROME bumper requires all that i list in my

First Post and add to that as follows:

1. The black underneath sport metal beam...you can find this on Ebay for $100 dollars shiped.

2. Bracket 55077375-AD AND 55077374-AD

· Registered
396 Posts
Dodge_Tomahawk said:
There really isnt much i have not seen or done.
How did you mold an 06-07 srt bumper to your year?

BTW Get that SRT Bumper man itll look great!!!

· Ultimate Design
2,252 Posts
How did you mold an 06-07 srt bumper to your year?
You take the parts under the headlights of the 02-05 and cut them out,you then bring them over to the 06 cover cut out the same amount in the same section of plastic and then bond into the plastic.... the 02-05 rounds.Fiberglass the back side with matt and fill the front cut lines...prime/paint/clear....Presto Chango..lol...Iam more happy with my headlight change with the 06 internals inside the headlight bucket,you can tell because the top photo the headlights are more refined internals where as the lower picture has the originals...the cover change was tit compared to the headlights.

· Registered
396 Posts
looks sweet tomahawk!

· Ultimate Design
2,252 Posts
Looks like you also painted the badge back to black in the grill.
No...one photo was done with my 35mm real camera in direct sunlight the one with the srt bumper was done with the same camera but on a cloudy day and when the sun was not as high,the bottom picture was done on the abandoned highway hence no trees or green color in the reflection or house reflection in the bumper top pad.Garnet red is a funny color in the shade it goes very dark,like a dark maroon...in direct sunlight it lightens considerably to a red.

If anything i would like to pull the bottom of the cross inwards a hair to give it a slight slant,i could probally cut the horse collar..slant it all out from there and then fill and repaint the cut line.

looks sweet tomahawk!
Thank You

My next adventure below.

Attachments

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bump

· Ultimate Design
2,252 Posts
I forget, are you going to use all 3 on one side or just 2?
I think i can only get away with 2 per side as i dont want to go into the support structure up near the windshield.Its roughly 18 inches down from the support structure that is usable section...width your lookin at roughly 10 inchs.Its a 25 degree angle with 4 inch wide plates and 3 inch wide screen holes and a 2 inch depth.Roughly 1.5 inch outer lip that trails off.

Using a 03-05 Viper SRT hood would be simpler as its just slash lines at angles.Have not decided wich direction.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.