DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife had a run in with a deer recently. After we got the truck back from the shop I noticed the bumper cover was in contact with the fog lights, the cut out to access the torx screw was not lined up (both sides), the alignment is firing about 1 foot in front of the truck, and the repair paperwork said the used a reconditioned cover. I took it back to the the shop to see if something could be done and why they are using reconditioned parts. First they said there is no adjustment in the bumper and the only thing they could do is cut away the plastic and it is common for repair shops to used reconditioned bumper covers. So my question is does anyone know if there is any kind of adjustment that can be made to the bumper or bumper cover? I personally believe it is a bad fitting aftermarket cover. I read a few posts on how to get the cover off and aftermarket parts and might try it to see what is going behind there. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Derek

Attachments

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Did you pay for the repairs or did your insurance? If it's your insurance, then you should get new parts not reconditioned.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Insurance payed. I picked the shop. The repair shop was not a perfered shop. So I am kind of on the hook. The shop gurantees all of its work for the as long as we own it. I am planning on taking it back once again. I was hoping to have a bit more information with me before I try to get him to replace the cover.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.