DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
not sure, but i believe just custom... dont think theres an aftermarket axel swap kit..

·
biomech911
70 Posts
Get you a 2500 steering and suspension system from the junk yard and go to town.:rck:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know that would be an extensive project and I don't mind the work but how much fabrication would be needed? I don't want to tear it down and then find out that my truck is going to be down for longer than I need it to be.

·
sans sanity
1,565 Posts
If you don't have alot of time, don't bother. If it's your daily driver, don't bother.

It's something you do over time and it's fairly expensive when done right.

Mine took nearly a year and there were odds and ends to finish up and get perfect for months after that.

Attachments

·
biomech911
70 Posts
I have thought about it but have'nt done any research. I only want to do it because 15" of lift sounds bad ass! Maybe soon though. Me and a friend of mine are are about to tear down his 08' f350 and 4 link the rear. If that goes well we'll give mine a go. We also plan on doing it on a 3-4 day weekend. We are both contractors and need our trucks for work. If it helps you to know that someone is going to try it. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
sans sanity
1,565 Posts
I have thought about it but have'nt done any research. I only want to do it because 15" of lift sounds bad ass! Maybe soon though. Me and a friend of mine are are about to tear down his 08' f350 and 4 link the rear. If that goes well we'll give mine a go. We also plan on doing it on a 3-4 day weekend. We are both contractors and need our trucks for work. If it helps you to know that someone is going to try it. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm not knocking you...know that.
However, 3 or 4 days for a front SAS on a third gen....crazy talk, cannot be done. I promise and gaurantee it. In a fully equiped shop with all the best gear, techs and LOADS of precise planning with EVERYTHING needed on hand and waiting, yeah, it's doable. Other than that, no way.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,638 Posts
I'm not knocking you...know that.
However, 3 or 4 days for a front SAS on a third gen....crazy talk, cannot be done. I promise and gaurantee it. In a fully equiped shop with all the best gear, techs and LOADS of precise planning with EVERYTHING needed on hand and waiting, yeah, it's doable. Other than that, no way.
Trust the man, he knows what he is talking about: http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153373

·
biomech911
70 Posts
Full access to every tool under the sun or I wouldnt even talk about it. But it is just a thought as of now.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I had a dana 44 for the front of mine and ended up selling it. It would be easier for me to fab up an independent front for mine with more lift....

·
Registered
964 Posts
If you know what your doing and take some good measurements, have 2 people working on it, and a good shop you could get it done in a 3 day weekend. Just make sure you have everthing lined up before starting. Sometimes you over look the smallest of things and your waiting another week for parts.

·
HOTROD
590 Posts
It's not that bad to do:thatfunny!!! I did axle swap's to dana 60's took me and a buddy about a week and a couple cases of beer. I bet if you have everything planed out right I dont see why you couldnt do it in 3-4 days just my .02 cents

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.