DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Illinois it is illegal to have tint on your windows (dr. and pass front) unless it is factory. My rear windows are factory tinted and so I got this idea... Are the front and rear windos the same size?? If so I could get a set of rear factory tinted windows and switch them with the ones that I have now. Would it work??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any type of tint on the front side windows in Illinois is illegal. It doesn't matter if they are from the factory or not. The only time you can have the front side windows tinted is if you have a medical condition that requires it. And for that you need a doctor's note. Believe me I know...

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
PS, your front and rear windows are completely different. Try looking at them, its pretty obvious. Your rear windows are more squared, while the front have a nice angle on them that matches the curve of the front of the cab/windshield.

KB

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn......there goes that idea!!!!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Got a grinder? :thatfunny

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
:crazy: I can't imagine living in a state that doesn't allow any kind of window tint whatsoever. That would never fly here in Texas. The bright sun in the summer time shining on your arms while you drive is known to cause skin cancer. My Grandma who did a lot of driving in her job for 40-something years, had skin cancer removed from her left arm, and it was caused by resting her arm on the door of her old Plymouth, because back then not only did the cars not have tinted glass, they did not have a/c either.

·
Registered
629 Posts
did I read this right? You asked if the front and rear side windows were the same dimension? Do you look at your truck?

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mstew77 said:
did I read this right? You asked if the front and rear side windows were the same dimension? Do you look at your truck?
Nope, i've never actually looked at my truck..... :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
i only said the front side windows can't be tinted. You can tint the rear side and rear window. Besides pretty much it seems like doing anything causes cancer these days. Tinted windows don't really keep the UV rays out which is really what causes cancer. Besides in my line of work, being able to see inside the vehicle is a safety plus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.