DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or used the front 2" lift kits for sale on e-bay? I am trying to even the front and rear spacing between the tire and the fender, the rear having more clearance. The e-bay thing states it will even the truck lines, this is really what I am looking for. Let me know.

·
Registered
560 Posts
You can simply crank your torsion bars and get the same result for free. There are various debates on this subject. I have mine cranked 4 full turns (not quite level, but close) and have had no problems. Anything over 4 cranks requires new shocks. Do some forum searches on torsion bar cranking and you will come up with plenty of info.

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
Hey,
This is what I did, I replaced the Keyways for the torsion bars like what you see on eBay, it was made by Rough Country at atleast that was what I was told, I can give what ever details ya want because I have had it on my truck for a little over 2,000 miles now. Look at my pics in my profile for before and after pics, the pics with the Marine tag is before pics and the Scuba Flag is the after pics. What info you looking for? I did do the install myself and then had and aligment done at the dealership, they said it is NOT in factory specs but he got the TOE aligned so the truck doesnt pull all over the place. I am looking to get a Front Steering Stablizer but seems that no one makes it for the New Body style dodge. Message me what info you need.
Matt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I ended up taking the truck to a local tire shop and they cranked the torsion bars and did an alignment for $87.00! The truck looks totally kickin' and there is no rattle or roll. There are still quite a few threads left and the shocks still have a lot of play. The dude at the shop said that Dodge is putting more and more rake in the factory settings, mine was the most he had seen, first 05 he has seen. Thanks to all for the suggestins and the previous posts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.