DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well you guys said that it may be something bad in the ignition or the timing chain which fouled my plugs. Well last night it was about 40 deg so I went out in the drive and put new plugs, wires, coil, cap and rotor in. Ran it for about 20 min around town when I got done. Ran like a champ. This morning went to start it to go to one of my daughters activities and it ran like crap. I already fouled the plugs again. It ran awesome all over last night all the way up until i shut it off and first thing this am it was fouled out. You guys think the timing could have done this? In the past 2 mo. i have spent close to $100 on plugs.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
let me ask this...are you blowing smoke out the exhaust..if so is it blue or black? when it is fully warm what does your exhaust smell like (just a sniff or two)? Are you losing any noticable oil? What is you mpg?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
pic may be nice. If it is nice and warm and the exhaust smells gassy then i would say you are too rich. Try lightly seating your mixture needles and bring them out to 1.5 turns. Also if you ever get a chance and take the needles out see if there is a groove cut into the needle...if there is then someone torqued them in and ruined them.

·
Mopar Madness - Get it...
4,032 Posts
Hey dodged, has it occurred to you (Or anyone else) that your engine is just a tired ol' worn out hunk-o'-junk and the only thing that will 'cure' it is a new/rebuilt/remanufactured one?
JUST your very description has 'POS' written all over it.

Don't mean to sound like an AHole, but c'mon ... How long can anyone give advice for an engine that is just flat-wore-out...

:WHT:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.