DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a buddy with a 2006 F-150 extended cab 4x4 with the 5.4 Triton that wants to hook up to my 2005 4x4 Quad Cab Ram. Both trucks have auto trannys his the 4 speed mine has the 5 speed. Both trucks also have limited slip differentials his Ford has 3.73 gears and I have the 3.92's. Neither trucks have any performance mods so the stock horsepower and torque figures would apply. The Ford is 300hp and 365 ft lb of [email protected] and of course the Dodge has 345hp and 375 Ft lb of torque at around 4000RPM. Who do you think would win? I would probably throw on some 17" tires to maximize my gear ratio advantage. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Yeah, throw about three or four 100lb bags
of sand in your bed near the tailgate.

·
Registered
277 Posts
four wheels turning are always better than two, also make sure you don't just mash the gas because you will just end up spinning then he will pull you. Ease into it then once you get moving gun it.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
The guy that gets the best traction wins. HP and torque don't mean much, traction does. As soon as you break loose the other truck will pull you down the road. Pulling is also the best way to break stuff.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Youll Have To Get That On Video.

·
Ramman
1,599 Posts
http://media.putfile.com/Tug_Of_War_Dodge_Ford_4X4

pulled him 4 times, he had stuff in the bed, i was empty.

both in 4_Low

i started out slow, once i had him moveing i floored it, just cause in could. i think i lost $80 maybe $100 in rubber, as i was smoking all tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.