Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
It states it come with this:
4 High Power 3157 bulbs, both Top and Bottom plus 2 Load Resistors

Then if you go to the "Resistors" and read the info on that you need one for each bulb..so it looks like you would need to buy 2 more resistors....Unless I'm reading something wrong!!!??

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Uh oh, dammit!

I can tell you how I set mine up:

1 load resistor each for:

Tail circuit
Brake circuit
Left turn
Right turn

I worried that I might be putting too much amperage through the circuit for the tails (since essentially four lights run through it), but that particular resistor gets no hotter than the rest. And they get warm!

So ya might need to order two more resistors from them. I don't really know who has the resisitors cheaper, these guys, or superbrightleds.com where I got my stuff.

Thinking about ordering two of these to replace the brighter ones in my turns. Then I'll move those brighter ones down to the brakes. My tail light housings have a reflector dead center, so a forward firing LED gets a little washed out in bright sunlight. I'm always on the lookout for something brighter.

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
I'm thinking of jumping on these too....I think they would match up well with the Tinted tail lights Air_Ram sells on his site (blacked out) so anything brighter would make me feel better!!! I was thinking about picking up a set of those tails in the near future. You got any pictures of what your running now?? If not no big deal!!

I liked the "No more "Got a ?" threads!" statement you made because you know this thread is going to turn into alot of them!!!!! LOL!!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I used that type of bulb on my RX7 and is is super super bright! I may get some for my QC now!

·
Rev it up!
461 Posts
Can't wait to see posted pics of this bulb!

·
Registered
733 Posts
those things look like they actually put some thought into those, but for 50 bucks i dunno...does that come close to superbriteleds.com prices?

·
LivetoRide
2,733 Posts
thanks for the link...I would love something like this as well as I have tinted tails...the price seems kinda high, not crazy though and I wonder about quality/longevity of the bulbs.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
what is the bulb size or number for the tail lights , reverse lights, an 3rd brake lights

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OncGMnowHemi said:
those things look like they actually put some thought into those, but for 50 bucks i dunno...does that come close to superbriteleds.com prices?
Well considering that the fifty bucks gets you four bulbs and two resistors I'd say it's more than equitable. I've gone through a host of different bulbs, always looking for a brighter one. Twenty bucks or so ain't nuthin' for a pair. :D

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dale3fan3 said:
Dane you need these as like I told you I had a hard time seeing your tail lights in the day. BTW did you order my set too for my truck Xmas is coming LOL
Yeah, I'm getting ready to redo some of the wiring on the Firestorm so it'll give me just brake lights rather than just really bright running lights. Jeff and I were talking about it. I learned from him that my running lights are actually the runners and brakes illuminated at the same time. Since I have a bit of a problem with the brakes not being all that bright, I'd rather have the Firestorm back them up, rather than have it all bright, all the time.

Yeah Craig, your set will be arriving shortly. Come get 'em. :D

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
kruser79 said:
Yeah, I'm getting ready to redo some of the wiring on the Firestorm so it'll give me just brake lights rather than just really bright running lights. Jeff and I were talking about it. I learned from him that my running lights are actually the runners and brakes illuminated at the same time. Since I have a bit of a problem with the brakes not being all that bright, I'd rather have the Firestorm back them up, rather than have it all bright, all the time.

Yeah Craig, your set will be arriving shortly. Come get 'em. :D
Just ship them to me your the one that left ;) :D

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
thats real expensive, i would just go with some bulbs from superbrightleds.com

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
simioh said:
thats real expensive, i would just go with some bulbs from superbrightleds.com
I disagree. If you break it down, it comes to five bucks each for the resistors, and about ten bucks each for the bulbs. Hard to do better than that, even at superbrightleds.com, and I've shopped there a LOT. :D

·
1999 Dodge Ram
563 Posts
If anyone cares to know, since this is sorta un #rd gen related, but related to the topic. I ordered, yesterday, a set of these bulbs in amber for my front turn signals and plan to do a review on them. The bulbs I have on order are the same type used in the kit, just the amber version.

They should be here in a few days since they sent them through the US postal mail it is hard to say exactly when. I'll be sure to let you know when they do.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
kruser79 said:
I disagree. If you break it down, it comes to five bucks each for the resistors, and about ten bucks each for the bulbs. Hard to do better than that, even at superbrightleds.com, and I've shopped there a LOT. :D
i didn't mean comparing them item for item, i just meant getting a regular 6 led bulb and putting it in instead of the regular reverse bulb.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That would work for the reverse application. But this set is for the tail/turn/brakes. Since most modifications to the tail light housings reduce their visibility (smoking, color matching, the JDM lenses), a seriously bright LED is what is needed. I'm fixin' to find out if these are any brighter than what I have in there now.

And a simple six-LED cluster really isn't all that bright, unless you're talking about a six chip cluster of LEDs. My single chip pure white, high power, 168 bulbs in the license slot are brighter than the 13 led cluster bulbs in the reverses.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.