DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
13's when its cold out
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to know what the average times are for an RCSB 2wd truck is with the following mods. Or a similar variation, dont have one thing but have a efan/ shortbelt or something to substitute. Weight reduct confined to spare, tailgate, misc junk, stripper model, or roll pan.

-intake
-programmer
-LT's, y pipe no cats or cats with cutout or cutouts.
-26" drag radials

Curious to know this, Just wanna know if my truck is keeping up its strong runner status:D

I know garys hemi, before his converter and a couple other things ran a 13.5. Gary if you read this what was your exact setup on the 13.5 run? I know 450hemi ran a 13.9 with intake, programmer, and cutout, I believe he threw lt's in there? But I have not been around long enough to catch where all of the fastest rc's started out at. Its not a big deal, just kindof wondering. Its been on my mind since I am about to install a full exhaust and have some 26" radials coming soon along with some front runners. Thanks for your time guys

Richard

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
hahaha well of course I'd read this!! Ok first my truck started out life running 15.3 stock way back in 2004. I then added a flowmaster, K&N intake & hyperCRAP & ran a 14.3. Man did I think I was the stuff to w/ my "fast hemi" being a senior in high school lol. Then I added 1 or 2 things. The setup I ran the 13.50 on was the intake, dryer vent/fog light intake, superchips, pacesetter lt's & y pipe, cutout, the same weight reduction listed above, 3.55 gears w/ 1 tirer fryer & 275/50 m&h dr's. I hope that helps bro. I also was stuck running 13.99 for a couple days lol. Would list but gotta go to work

OH BTW COME TO THE MEET SATURDAY!!!!!!

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
I'm thinking average maybe higher 13's
Don't think there are many that hit mid 13's with stock cammage and probably a bunch of guys with your mods that would be thrilled to get a 13.99

·
1,965 Posts
The best I ran with that setup was a 13.61 with a shortbelt also in positive 500ft or so DA.

·
13's when its cold out
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well thanks for the replys from those of you who did. I was thinking higher 13's myself too.

But I got to thinking that if I could pull a sub 2.0 60ft, along with the extra power of the full exhaust, the less rotational mass on the drag radials. I was thinking I should be able to get in the area of 13.5-13.7. Without an e-Fan or shortbelt. Stock everything else with 3.92 gears and lsd.

·
13's when its cold out
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The best I ran with that setup was a 13.61 with a shortbelt also in positive 500ft or so DA.
Last 2 times I have choosen to go to the track, we have had some damn good weather. Tryed to go last night. But i was closed due to extreme cold?

Ha I am from maine, since when is 40* extreme cold? :D

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Well thanks for the replys from those of you who did. I was thinking higher 13's myself too.

But I got to thinking that if I could pull a sub 2.0 60ft, along with the extra power of the full exhaust, the less rotational mass on the drag radials. I was thinking I should be able to get in the area of 13.5-13.7. Without an e-Fan or shortbelt. Stock everything else with 3.92 gears and lsd.
I say a 13.5-13.7 would be pretty easy for you to pull off

·
1,965 Posts
Last 2 times I have choosen to go to the track, we have had some damn good weather. Tryed to go last night. But i was closed due to extreme cold?

Ha I am from maine, since when is 40* extreme cold? :D
haha since when are low 50s too cold. Yes they didn't run because of that here. And 1.9X 60ft are easy with 26'' DR's.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I had a cut out, short belt and I pulled the pass seat and I ran a best of 13.7 and a whole bunch of 13.8's

·
13's when its cold out
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well at least I KNOW it will be a 13 sec truck ha.. Just a question of how far into the 13's it will be? and thanks for the replies guys. I will keep everyone updated once I get everything. hopefully I still get some nice cool nights to play around with the new setup.

·
13's when its cold out
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gary,

help me remember what mods you jsut recently did to get your 13.12? converter I know, traction bars???, any something else? change gears? lsd? still a 3.55 uno tire fryer?

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
The 13.12 was:
3000 stall
4.10 gears & ls
k&n intake w/ a track "headlight" intake
superchips
short belt
lts, no cats & cutouts
a bunch of weight reduction
track wheels
efan

I think thats it. Since then I added the caltracs & the stage 3 vb

So the differences b/w the 13.50 & 13.12 is:
3.55 gears w/ open diff. to 4.10's & ls
stock tc to 3000 tc
a better track intake
more weight reduction
efan
stock chrome 17's w/ 275/50 m&h's & 20's up front to aluminum 17's all the way around w/ skinnies & 295/45 mt's

·
13's when its cold out
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
awesome.. thanks for the info man!

And sorry we cant make it to the meet your having tomorrow. Next one you have give me a little heads up and me and twankie will ride over that way. Give me a little more time to get some more mods in anyways.. ;)

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Like you posted, I went 13.99 way back in the day with an intake, longtubes, and superchips on street tires and no weight reduction. I ran faster than that in the 1/8th, but at the time, I didnt have a 1/4 mile track nearby. I was going 8.8's which would have been about a 13.8 in the 1/4.

·
Good Bye
1,170 Posts
I ran 13.0's pulled off a 1.80 60ft too with those mods. My truck wasnt stripped though, spare, gate, seats, and swaybar. Thats it. Still had bumper and hitch on it.

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
I ran 13.0's pulled off a 1.80 60ft too with those mods. My truck wasnt stripped though, spare, gate, seats, and swaybar. Thats it. Still had bumper and hitch on it.
& spray in bed liner lol. I forgot about that

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
awesome.. thanks for the info man!

And sorry we cant make it to the meet your having tomorrow. Next one you have give me a little heads up and me and twankie will ride over that way. Give me a little more time to get some more mods in anyways.. ;)
No problem. You got it :gr_patrio

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.