DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
shelloil23
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 2.5" kit have your truck sitting level? If not how close? I'm playing hell with leveling kits, had a Pro Comp that had the truck close to level but caused a whole lot of squeaking...now I have a Hell Bent that rides smooth as silk but my truck has too much rake. I was going to get a 6" lift but all the dealers say you need rims with 4" or less backspacing, I have 4.5" plus cash is a little tight now. I JUST WANT IT LEVEL!!! Starting to wonder if I'm gonna have to lower the rear:tdwn: Pics or measurments would be great, thanks guys!! Its a 08 1500 4x4

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the 2.5in Top Gunz on my 07. The 2.5in will make the truck's front end sit about 1/2 higher than the rear. It gives it kinda the PreRunner look. I would go with the 2in though the 2.5in in mine makes the 4wheeldrive shutter like crazy.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
My old 06 1500 had a TGC 2.5 spacer on it and it was pretty nose up. But I like that look. 2 will probably get you close to level.

·
Registered
871 Posts
hey here is a picture of my 08 and i have the H.B.S 2" mine looks pretty level,i've seen more rake on other trucks!

Attachments

·
shelloil23
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like the Top Gun 2.5" is the one...the HBS 2.5" I have now isn't cutting it. The truck is 1 3/4" higher in the rear, and with the Body Lift I can really see the rake. Do those of you with the T/G kit have any issues? I'm concerned because they look very similiar to the Pro Comp kit, and I had problems with that one. Shudder I'm not that concerned about..

·
shelloil23
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well now there is a whole new wrench tossed in this mess. I just read the whole post that ggravant posted. One owner talks about how post march 08 trucks have a different strut mount than previous years, and how his Ready Lift kit squeaked on every bump. Well my truck is May 08, and the Pro Comp kit I had (which squeaked on every bump) looks exactly like the Ready Lift, right down to the same part #!!! Looks like I need to make some calls before I spend any more money. This different strut assembly might explain why my HBS kit didn't level my truck

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have 06 1500. I put the TG 2.5in on my truck with about 10 miles on it. I now have 38000 and had no problems with it at all. Except trying to drive around a car at WVU Mountaineers:rck: game here in morgantown and my front pass dropped to deep in a ditch and i messed up the shock, but dealer relaced due to a recall. So no problems and mines perfectly level. You can see in my sig pic my truck and thats with a 600lb Outlaw in the bed so the rear is sitting alittle lower

·
Registered
293 Posts
I figured I would inject my .02 cents where you mentioned a 6" suspension and dealer saying you need 4" backspacing in order to run. It is true, at least on my 08 4x4 1500. I couldn't run 17" wheels without a spacer (shudder) The issue is that you will not be able to connect your tie rod ends once the lift is installed. The inside of the wheels would be sitting on there if you could even get them on. Though if you got the spacers, it would work although people really hate the spacers.

My solution was to get 18" wheels and tires.... (I am not really a fan of large rims so I wanted to keep them as small as possible) The tires have about a inch or so clearance for the pillar and that is with 4.5 backspacing. Everything worked out great (once I got truck back) and have not looked back.

Personal preference I would go with the suspension lift, as it is never enough... once you get it leveled or raised enough to clear xxx tires, you will wonder about going to the next size.... (especially if you see others with the larger sizes. My tire size is 35x12.50x18 and I had to trim the plastic piece under the bumper and my tires stick out about a inch or two beyond the fender wells. aside from that it is no problem. 4,000 plus miles on suspension lift and it does not squeak and rides real smooth...

·
shelloil23
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would be happy with it leveled. It has the 3" body, running 35's already, and sits as high as my buddies with a 6" Fabtech. I'm not offroad that much, and I was told that a suspension lift will void my lifetime warranty (part of the reason I bought the truck). The issue has to be with the new strut design. All the spacer designers claim the adding a 1/8" in spacer will net approx 1/2" lift..well I added 1/4" of steel plate to my HBS 2.5" spacer and I have about 1 3/4" lift...exactly how much spacer I have installed! Something is different in the struts, maybe spring rate?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.