Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how often do you change?
Do you use the Amsoil filters?

Is it really OK for Amsoil oils + filters to go for 25,000 miles or once a year, like the company states?

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
I normally change mine at 12-15k miles, normally closer to 15k. I don't go the full 25k because I drive the truck very hard and have a lot of city driving with lots of idling. I also use the Amsoil EAO filters. My oil always looks good when I drain it out and fully believe that it could go the full 25k.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also one more question when you drain the amsoil what colour is it..

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
My last change at about 13.5k was dark brown. It was no where near solid black.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I change mine at 10k miles. Always brown but not black and I use the 0w-30 Signature Series.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oh, and yes I use there oil filters, which is made by Wix.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I think there filters are good, but they are not approved so I do not use them. I don't think I would ever trust engine oil and filter to go 25k it's just not worth the risk. If you want to go more then like 10k I would get a oil analysis done to make sure it's ok.

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
that stuff is legit! i run it in my 07 monte SS and i use just the filters on my hemi ram.

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
i use 0w20 and usually go 7-8k...use the filter as well

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
I'm going to do 7500 mile changes in our new Mustang. We got it with 40 miles and I don't want to worry about warranty problems, so I'm going by the book on this one. I was surprised Ford recommends 7500 intervals. I did the first change at 2000 miles and will change again at 7500. She only drives about 10-12k per year anyways, so it's not that big a deal. Mustang gets 0w-20 and the Ram get 0w-30 both with Amsoil filters.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
I use the oil and the filter and I change it about 8000 to 8500 miles.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nice..
i was wondering if i could get 20,000kms.. on a oil change.. that works out to 12,000 miles..

so good stuff..
no dealers near me so i may becoming a preferred customer.

233 Posts
nice..
i was wondering if i could get 20,000kms.. on a oil change.. that works out to 12,000 miles..

so good stuff..
no dealers near me so i may becoming a preferred customer.
Yes, you can run it that long, no problem. I would use an Amsoil filter though.
As for becoming a preferred customer, why not become a dealer in your area since there are none. That's what I did several years ago.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I've just changed over from Mobil 1 to Amsoil signature series. One year is about 10,000 for me. So it looks like once a year oil & filter changes for me. I changed over in Sept...when I check it now, it still has a dark amber look to it. I'm happy.

·
Registered
348 Posts
:huh:

$30,000 truck, $2-3000 year on gas and we question an extra $75 oil change a year. Maybe I'm missing something, but I do an amsoil change every 5-6000 miles, normally when I'm down a quart.

·
Registered
101 Posts
:huh:

$30,000 truck, $2-3000 year on gas and we question an extra $75 oil change a year. Maybe I'm missing something, but I do an amsoil change every 5-6000 miles, normally when I'm down a quart.

My question from your post is, why are you loosing a quart of oil every 5k miles? As far as the other, I keep a very close eye on all of my vital fluids. If my truck needed an oil change before 10k, I would do it. I am just saying that for me, and my driving habits, 10k works with Amsoil signature series. Each person has to evaluate what is best for them. Some people would rather use a different brand of oil. Oil threads are like opinions and @$$holes.......everyone has one. But in my experience, and I have quite of few years of them, and not are all good, my current oil and change intervals works. Copy my actions at your own risk!

·
Official DT Amsoil Dealer
697 Posts
I typically recommend running 10-15K then doing an oil analysis to determine how much further you can go. Also, in order to run the extended intervals with Amsoil oil you MUST use the Amsoil EaO oil filter. If you use another brand of filter it is recommended to maintain OEM suggested intervals.

As far as Preferred Customer you can go to the following link or just ask me for a discount. http://www.modernoils.com/dealercost.html

Do not forget to request a free AMSOIL catalog here. https://www.amsoil.com/amsoillogin/leads.aspx?zo=1132530

Ken

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
i went 25k with it in my first diesel, changed the filter and a quart every 7k

no problem ever

why not reap the benefit if your gonna pay for it?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i will never run the oil the full 25k.. im running mobil1 right now and changing it every 5,000kms.. (roughly 3k miles) it comes out just like it went in.. nice and golden yellow.

i just wanted to know if anyone actually did go 10k miles or +

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.