DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2/4 drop kit but haven't had time to put it in yet. The rear looks real easy. On the front, which ball joint did you disconnect to get the spring out?

I'm concerned that the stock tires (275/60/20) will rub. Has anyone done this with stock 20's and did they rub?

I will probably be another week until I can install, just want to avoid any problems I can up front.

Also, any special tools needed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

:dtrocks:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Top joint. Be sure to have a big hammer on hand. As for rubbing, I don't believe there is an issue with that size. I am sure others will chime in.

·
HemiSS/T
609 Posts
That is a very tall tire but I dont think with just a 2/4 you should have a problem. Like Ken said a big hammer and a splitter fork for the front will make things go much easier.

·
LSU
1,286 Posts
I just bought mine havent received it yet but from what i have heard there should not be any rubbing with the stock 20's

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Do not use a fork! Just some well placed whacks with a 4lb hammer and you will be fine! Slammed1 has posted pics and a mini walk through in the sport forum numerous times. As for rubbing up front, its totally possible.

I rubbed a bit at first, until I played with different size bumpstops. Now that I have gone with a shorter tire, life is so much better. :) But as I said, if you do rub, you may need to play with some different size bumpstops until you get new, shorter tires.

KB

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
ram03reg said:
I just bought mine havent received it yet but from what i have heard there should not be any rubbing with the stock 20's
Your payment was recieved at 8:39pm Tuesday,naturally you wouldnt have recieved it yet but it is all on its way already as of Wednesday Morning.
YES 33" tall tires on 2-4 drops can rub in the front on occasion NO DOUBT!!!

·
Registered
10,359 Posts

·
1,965 Posts
I have a 2-4 drop with the stock 275/60/20's. I don't have any problems with the front rubbing. I put about 250lbs in the bed today along with a full tank of gas I bottomed out a few times but there doing construction around here so the roads aren't the best either. Just make sure you get shocks and the proper bumpstops and its not bad at all.

Here is a shot with the tires and drop.

Attachments

·
HemiSS/T
609 Posts
You're right KB112. I only used a fork because I had around 30,000 miles on my truck when I lowered it and all the hammering I did, didnt budge it. There are definitely better ways to do it with avoiding a fork. I should have mentioned that first.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
If you want 2" front drop and never any rubbing.....leave the stock bumpstops in place.

NO One will ever admit to rubbing because its a SIN to have a dropped or lifted truck and rub,also guys like to pad their drop amounts......1.5-3.5 drops end up being 3-5 in their sigs....just common knowledge.
Those same guys who say they never rub,you can look at their trucks at a meet and see holes in their inner front fender liners.

·
HemiSS/T
609 Posts
I'll be the first to say I have had rubbing issues many times under cornering on bumpy roads and because of my trailer/tow package my a$$ end hits the bump all the freakin time. Just one more reason for the helper bags!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So what are the best bumpstops, and where do I get them?

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...pm slammed1 for those..hes is one of the site sponsors....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.